Mail Crashing

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I went to open up Mail before and it crashed while opening. I tried a couple of times, same problem. I trashed the preferences but it's still happening. What can I do?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    restart, another try ?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>I went to open up Mail before and it crashed while opening. I tried a couple of times, same problem. I trashed the preferences but it's still happening. What can I do?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Try to find out whats happening server side. I was using the Mail.app to check my .Mac account and started having the same phenomenon. When I logged in through Apple's web site, I noticed that emails I was receiving were being duplicated three hundred times!! I was able to prove it numerous times, but when I called Apple they thought I was crazy and said to just to log a complaint on the web site. Anyway, you'll need to delete all the email off the server first before stuff will start coming down through the Mail.app. I'm guessing that it just can't except that much email at once and it causes it to crash.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I made sure everything was deleted but I'm still having the problem... any other ideas?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Don't even suggest a reboot BTW... 40 days now, right EmAn?

• Reply 5 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>Don't even suggest a reboot BTW... 40 days now, right EmAn?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

yep
  • Reply 6 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>Don't even suggest a reboot BTW... 40 days now, right EmAn?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

create a new user, logout, log into new user, set up Mail. See if you get the same results, if so, it's archive & install time.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Thanks for the suggestions guys but now it's working. I tried just logging out and logging back in and now it's working.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    but EmAn... you don't even have 10.2.3 ! I heard that solves all your problems and even turns your iBook into a PowerBook !
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Shut up