• Reply 2 of 9

microsoft word with a document open

• Reply 3 of 9
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

Is this a joke? I am serious. Thanks

• Reply 4 of 9

Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Is this a joke? I am serious. Thanks

We're gonna need some more information, is all. Do you mean a kernel panic? Check your logs (in Applications/Utilities/Console) and post a crash log here. Marvin's great at those.

• Reply 5 of 9

I am always thinking I have over 3800 songs in i tunes library and I hope the Mac Mini will not crash meaning the hard drive and writings and photos i have also.So far it never crashed once. Thanks

• Reply 6 of 9

What happened to your expertise about this I posted?

• Reply 7 of 9

Why would this crash if I use what you said here?

• Reply 8 of 9
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    marvfox wrote: »
    What can motivate the Mac Mini to crash? Thanks

Huh? The Mac mini with OS X 10.8.2 should be just as stable as any other Mac. I've never had bad experiences with it in the past several years, at least at the Apple Reseller Stores I was at.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    marvfox wrote: »
    I am always thinking I have over 3800 songs in i tunes library and I hope the Mac Mini will not crash meaning the hard drive and writings and photos i have also.

You should have a regular backup (multiple if possible). Hardware failures can occur in any computer at any time - losing your data is from storage failure of the hard drive or SSD. Buy 1-2 external hard drives and copy/clone data to them often enough to feel secure that a failure of the internal drive won't leave you without the data you care about. You can't do much to improve the reliability of your internal drives but avoid running them in high temperature enviroments. Make sure the room the computer is in is well ventilated and cool - basically don't keep it somewhere you wouldn't leave a bar of chocolate.

Also, drive carefully - deer can come out of nowhere.