Why is there no commercial for the Mac mini or iMac?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
So I see commercials for the new retina MacBook Pro, iPad, and iPhone? Why are there no commercials for the iMac or Mac mini? Certain commercials could help drive sales, could they not?

Curious to see what AI thinks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4

Because they don't care as much about them anymore. Has Apple ever made a Mini commercial? The last iMac commercial was for the first aluminum model, and it didn't run for very long. There's a great opportunity for another spectacular iMac commercial with this redesign, but as yet we haven't seen it.

Though that could very well be because you can't even preorder—much less buy—one yet, which I maintain as nonsense.

I'd love to see a new iMac commercial, but I won't hold my breath.

• Reply 2 of 4
    winterwinter Posts: 1,238member
    Don't you think they would sell more Minis for example if they ran a sporadic ad or two?
  • Reply 3 of 4

Originally Posted by Winter View Post

Don't you think they would sell more Minis for example if they ran a sporadic ad or two?

Yes.

But they'd have to show ugly third party peripherals in their commercials, though. There's really no way to market the big selling point of the Mac Mini without doing that, and it ruins the entire feel.

Unless… just had an idea!

Time for me to fail at yet another field of interest, continuing to prove that I am utterly worthless at everything I do.

• Reply 4 of 4
    winterwinter Posts: 1,238member
    Not technically. They can use their own monitor, keyboard, and trackpad if they wanted to. I am not trying to purposely disagree with you though I would just to like to see it.

I am not sure how you would introduce it though maybe something along the lines of just a slow rotation around the computer and quickly on top on a white background. The new Mac mini... bring your own display, keyboard, and mouse. Starting at just $599. Apple logo. 15-30 seconds in primetime.