Moved to Software: Mail versus Outlook Express

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I upgraded my girl's G3 iMac to OSX recently (see other threads!) and she loves the results. Takes longer to boot, but once up and running she can't tell if there is any speed difference between OSX and her old OS9.

Except for one thing - she doesn't like Mail (I set her up to use Mail instead of OE as there is no OE for OSX).

One feature of OE she particularly liked was when receiving mails, OE clearly says 'receiving 1 of 5' (say), along with how much of the mail has been received (in terms of size) as it is downloading. As she's on dial-up she doesn't want to be on-line for longer than necessary.

So if the mail is a large one, and she can see that after 10 seconds perhaps 5% of it has downloaded, she knows she can get up, do something else etc instead of having to just sit there and wait until Mail finishes.

I've looked around in Mail, but can't see a way of showing this info - am I not looking hard enough or is there no way to see exactly what is going on?

Cheers

David

[ 01-08-2003: Message edited by: alcimedes ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    good question, but one more suited to Software. i'll move it, but i do have an answer i think.

check under Windows/Show Activity Viewer.

that's as close as you get IIRC.

however, one of the folks in Software might know better.

-alcimedes