Need a new 21" iMac before Christmas? Find out where to buy here [updated]

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
With Apple still reflecting backlog of 7-10 business days on new 21-inch iMacs, readers looking to purchase one of the super slim desktops for guaranteed delivery ahead Christmas can place orders through some retailers to receive their shipment before Christmas.

iMac

Update: Amazon has now sold out of the 21.5-inch iMac, but AppleInsider partner B&H does still have the $1,499 model in stock, as can be seen in the Mac Price Guide below. We'll update readers if more inventory becomes available.

The Apple Authorized Reseller tells AppleInsider that it's currently shipping out both the 2.7GHz 21.5-inch iMac (MD093LL/A) for $1,299.00 and the 2.9GHz 21.5-inch iMac (MD094LL/A) for $1,499.00. Customers who choose one-day shipping ($3.99 for Prime Members) can get either model delivered by this Tuesday.

Additionally, Amazon is also promising delivery by December 24th for all shoppers who purchase by Tuesday, December 18th and select FREE Super Saver Shipping as their delivery method. B&H Photo is the only other Apple Authorized Reseller to reflect any available stock of the new iMacs, offering only the 2.9GHz 21.5-inch model for $1,499 or $1,560 when bundled with 3-years of AppleCare extended warranty protection ($108 savings). Prices and availability of the rest of Apple's product family can be seen in our Apple Price Guides, a portion of which is embedded below:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Sadly, this doesn't include any Fusion Drive iMac models.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    After trying out the new iMac at the Apple store it's crying out for Fusion drive. Just don't look at the rMBP before hand else you can put retina display on that list as well.
  • Reply 3 of 11

Why doesn't Apple Insider mention the Walmart discount on IP5?  Not a big deal I suppose.. or is it?  It's been mentioned everywhere else, one would think it'd be a major cause of concern for Apple's IP5 sales considering demand was not suppose to be a problem in the US.

• Reply 4 of 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingChael View Post

Why doesn't Apple Insider mention the Walmart discount on IP5?  Not a big deal I suppose..

I was wondering that myself. I picked up an iPhone 4s at my local WalMart yesterday for $47 (could have gotten a 5 for $127). Only available in stores, though.

• Reply 5 of 11
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    I just got the 21.5" imac today. Very nice machine, i have the 1500$ one, with the GT 650m and performance is good in games. This will be my wife mac, i am ordering the 27" imac with fusion drive and the gtx 680mx in january.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Shou
    benjer wrote: »
    I was wondering that myself. I picked up an iPhone 4s at my local WalMart yesterday for $47 (could have gotten a 5 for $127). Only available in stores, though.

Should've sprung for the 5- only $80 difference? No brainer
  • Reply 7 of 11

Originally Posted by KingChael View Post

…one would think it'd be a major cause of concern for Apple's IP5 sales considering demand was not suppose to be a problem in the US.

You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.

• Reply 8 of 11
    andysol wrote: »
    Shou
    Should've sprung for the 5- only $80 difference? No brainer
    $80 is $80. Other than the screen, I don't see much reason to spend $80 more for the 5, not to mention what I'd spend on adapters and/or new accessories.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    kingchael wrote: »
    Why doesn't Apple Insider mention the Walmart discount on IP5?  Not a big deal I suppose.. or is it?  It's been mentioned everywhere else, one would think it'd be a major cause of concern for Apple's IP5 sales considering demand was not suppose to be a problem in the US.

Yes, and they only sold two million the first weekend in China. They will probably announce massive layoffs Monday.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member

Quote:

Originally Posted by quinney View Post

Yes, and they only sold two million the first weekend in China. They will probably announce massive layoffs Monday.

That's only equivalent to selling 464,000 in the US.

• Reply 11 of 11
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjer View Post

$80 is $80. Other than the screen, I don't see much reason to spend $80 more for the 5, not to mention what I'd spend on adapters and/or new accessories.

The processor and Ram make a pretty significant difference- although the 4S is a great phone still.  But after using the 5, I couldnt go back to the smaller screen.  When I first used the bigger screen it really wasnt noticable until I had to use a 4 and it just seemed tiny.

As for the Adapters and Accessories- you'll have to buy them eventually.  If not now, in two years. :)

Either phone is good, but in a year and a half, when you're still under contract, you'll wish you had the faster processor, graphics, and ram in the 5 for a mere ~$4/month (not even taking into account the screen).  Plus- resell on the 5 in 2 yrs vs the 4S will probably be about $60-80 anyways- so you'd make it up on the back end.

But as for $80 is $80- can't argue with that.  heh