Uploading videos

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Can someone please tell me how to upload videos from You Tube into my Mac mini? Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3

Simplest solution would be to get the extension ClickToFlash. Have it load the HTML5 player by default, which isn't actually the YouTube HTML5 player, but rather just a regular QuickTime box loading the associated MP4 file. 

In the right-click menu, then, when you click on the video, you'll see a "Download Video" option. Go nuts!

No hideous, expensive applications to buy, no messy websites to deal with.

• Reply 2 of 3
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

Thanks I went onto this site and it told me if i download this app I would disable Flash which I really don't want to. Any other suggestions perhaps? Thanks

• Reply 3 of 3

Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Thanks I went onto this site and it told me if i download this app I would disable Flash which I really don't want to. Any other suggestions perhaps? Thanks

It disables it in the sense that boxes where Flash would be are not loaded automatically on pages. Click one of those boxes and the Flash loads (Click… to… Flash!), AND you can also set it to automatically load.

Here's an example of what you see:

My point in saying to use the extension is that it forces YouTube to switch to an MP4 file instead of an FLV file (so that you can play it on your computer), and it also adds a free, ludicrously simple download button in the right-click menu so that you can immediately download that MP4 file instead of going somewhere off-site.