21-inch iMacs sold out at Amazon, inventory still available at B&H [u]

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
iMac

Update: Amazon has now sold out of the 21.5-inch iMac, but AppleInsider partner B&H does still have the $1,499 model in stock, as can be seen in the Mac Price Guide below. We'll update readers if more inventory becomes available.

Yesterday, we mentioned that Amazon had received rare stock of Apple's new 21-inch iMacs, shipping out both the 2.7GHz 21.5-inch iMac (MD093LL/A) for $1,299.00 and the 2.9GHz 21.5-inch iMac (MD094LL/A) for $1,499.00, while Apple's 7-10 day wait times on the Apple Store prohibit delivery by Christmas. As a result, Amazon now says it has less than two dozen of these machines combined. Customers can still choose one-day shipping ($3.99 for Prime Members) and get either model delivered by this Tuesday (tomorrow).

Additionally, Amazon is also promising delivery by December 24th for all shoppers who purchase by Tuesday, December 18th (tomorrow) and select FREE Super Saver Shipping as their delivery method.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6

Obviously Apple made only 100 of them, both to short supply and make it appear that they are popular AND because they're too hard to make and tens of millions of dollars worth of material is being destroyed because of flaws.

• Reply 2 of 6
    Obviously Apple made only 100 of them, both to short supply and make it appear that they are popular AND because they're too hard to make and tens of millions of dollars worth of material is being destroyed because of flaws.

So then they made only 50 27 inch ones, cause they announced that the 21.5 has double the sales of the 27
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I ordered a APPLE iMAC/QC i5/2.9g/8GB/1TB FUSION - 21.5" from BH in mid-December and just received word that there is no firm estimate on the delivery date. The BH rep (Moshe) conjectured it may be mid to late January but there was no guarantee. I'm bummed.
  • Reply 4 of 6

I ordered a APPLE iMAC/QC i7/3.1g/16GB/1TB FUSION- 21.5 in mid December and

am still waiting for a delivery status from B&H.  Moshe from B&H customer service gave me the

same response.  

• Reply 5 of 6

By the way, I received another email from B&H about 7 days ago saying things are still on backorder and they have no estimate as to when they'll get my equipment.    This really SUCKS!  Thoughts of cancelling my order and re-ordering from someone else are starting to swim in my head . . .

• Reply 6 of 6

I finally jumped shipped to MacMall.  After 2 days of haggling with different sales reps, I found one that came within $20 of the price I would have paid at B&H Photo.  MacMall has the same configuration in stock and ready to ship, whereas my order with B&H has been on backorder since 12/13/2012 and is still out at least 7-14 days but no guarantee.  I just couldn't wait any longer - I figured paying an extra $20 to get it to me ASAP was worth it.  I got the same items (iMac, AppleCare and Parallels) - I'm laying the money out for Parallels and it comes with a rebate.

So, I should finally have my computer in less than a week & am grateful to not be OCD about it any more.

Howard