New iTunes display is not an improvement

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014

Does anyone other than me find the new display, search power, and sort capability in the new iTunes to be a negative?

Since I use iTunes mostly fro professional reasons, I don't browse, I organize all my audio files in iTunes.  It seems to me that the new but very cute displays are more for people who browse for music/videos than those of us who simply find it a great place to file all your professional audio files.

I'm suggesting that Apple simply add a CLASSIC display (which does not require new work..only applying old work to the new product).  That would make all of us happy.

Anyone else agree?  If so, how about joining me in emailing Apple to ask for a CLASSIC display.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6

I'm not gonna touch your use of iTunes, of all things, for professional audio, but why not just turn on the sidebar?

• Reply 2 of 6

Thank you. Showing the sidebar seems to allow everything to work now.

• Reply 3 of 6
    Thank you. Showing the sidebar seems to allow everything to work now.
    But it's still inferior to the nice tight list view we no longer have, having been replaced by a quadruple spaced list with artwork you can't turn off. Instead of eighty songs in a list we get twenty. Garbage.
  • Reply 4 of 6

Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Garbage.

Touchscreen.

• Reply 5 of 6
    tonton wrote: »
    Garbage.

Touchscreen.
    Agree. But we should have the option of tightening the list.
  • Reply 6 of 6

Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Agree. But we should have the option of tightening the list.

For now, you mean? I'll agree, semi-conditionally.