Apple Itunes Apps that fail to deliver

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

How many time have you bought an App that totally failed to deliver?  Me, thirty or forty times!  What do you do?  Report a problem - then what?  Unless you have been luckier that me you are referred back to the developer's web site and they say not their problem "You bought it from Apple Itunes so you need to take it up with them.

Apple Itunes then hide behind their 15,000 words of terms and conditions and you, like me give up!  How many millions are Apple Itunes making from dodgy or badly described Apps?

I take as an example, an encyclopedia of garden plants, no where did it say that there were only 2,000 plants and they were USA plants not UK, so I paid something over £2 which was a total waste of money.

If you have similar stories, should we club together and bring a class action?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1

Originally Posted by nigeljbc View Post

…referred back to the developer's web site and they say not their problem "You bought it from Apple iTunes so you need to take it up with them."

This is where you're going wrong. If the developer refuses to stand behind their product, don't buy from the developer. Eventually they'll starve. It has nothing to do with Apple.

Apple iTunes then hide behind their 15,000 words of terms and conditions…

No.

How many millions are Apple Itunes making from dodgy or badly described Apps?

This is definitely all Apple's fault¡ Apple is the only one making money on these apps¡ And if they weren't, they'd certainly be making the greatest share of money¡

I take as an example, an encyclopedia of garden plants, no where did it say that there were only 2,000 plants and they were USA plants not UK, so I paid something over £2 which was a total waste of money.

So you wasted two measly pounds because you were too lazy to read reviews before you purchased it. This is somehow Apple's fault?

…should we club together and bring a class action?

Since you have no legal justification, good luck.