Site News: 3% coupons on Apple's entire MacBook family are back

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The New Year has seen Apple's resellers drop pricing on Macs to levels below those offered during the holiday shopping season, and when coupled with the return of AppleInsider's 3% coupon codes, readers have access to the lowest prices available in months for the entirety of Apple's MacBook family.

Lowest Prices Anywhere

As we hinted in the hours before MacMall's 3% coupons expired back in mid-November, Black Friday and successive holiday sales have in recent years seen price inflations over those normally available through our Mac Price Guide. This past shopping season played out similarly, with the few exceptions coming from MacConnection, which continues to offer its industry-best holiday pricing on 4 of Apple's best selling Macs: the 2.5GHz 13" MacBook Pro ($1,098) 2.3GHz 15" iMac ($1,649), 2.5GHz 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display ( $1,559) and 2.50GHz dual core i5 Mac mini ($549). It also continues to offer 1.6GHz 11.6" MacBook Airs for $699 -- the most affordable new, sealed Mac notebook available anywhere.

Meanwhile, prices on the remaining models in Apple's notebook arsenal are also more affordable than they've been in months, with the return of AppleInsider's MacMall coupon code APPINSDRMWB37994, which knocks an additional 3% off the reseller's already reduced pricing. (Remember, you must use the links in this article or our Mac Price Guide to activate the coupon field on MacMall's site.)

For example, when applying the coupon, you can save $121 on the 1.80GHz 13" MacBook Air 256GB ($1,377.38), $181 on the 2.6GHz 15" MacBook Pro ($2,017.58, $156 on the 2.5GHz 13" MacBook Pro with Retina ($1,842.97), $181 on the 2.3GHz 15" MacBook Pro with Retina ($2,016.59), and $228 on the 2.6GHz 15" MacBook Pro with Retina ($2,570.47). For closeout models, you can up to $718 on a 17-inch MacBook Pro using the coupon.

Our iPad Price Guide also indicates that MacMall now has stock of the $329 WiFi iPad minis -- in addition to most of the other models -- compared to Apple's 1 week wait.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member

ADVERTISEMENT: 3% coupons on Apple's entire MacBook family are back

Fixed that for you...

• Reply 2 of 10
    dickprinterdickprinter Posts: 1,060member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

ADVERTISEMENT: 3% coupons on Apple's entire MacBook family are back

Fixed that for you...

I agree. Although this is not an official news site per se, having an advertisement in the form of a story or article compromises the integrity of this website, IMO.

• Reply 3 of 10
    I think you've got a typo in there; the 2.6/15"/16GB/512GB Retina model shows up twice, and the second time it's $500 more expensive. Maybe that second one was supposed to be 768 GB rather than 512?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    kpomkpom Posts: 660member
    They need to pay the bills and they provide decent news so I don't begrudge them this. Plus MacMall is a decent enough company. I lost my MacBook Air 2 weeks ago while traveling and went to MacMall to replace it since even without the 3% extra (it was a flat $20 or just over 1%) they were still cheaper than anyone else. It was a smooth transaction and I had my replacement (I went with an rMBP) 2 days later. I have purchased from them in the past and would recommend them again.

The 3% discount is a fairly standard promo offered through AI's linkthrough that usually only goes away for the holidays so the timing of its return is something AI regulars may be interested in.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPOM View Post

They need to pay the bills and they provide decent news so I don't begrudge them this.

I have absolutely no problem with them advertising. Look at the home page and you will see all the same info as this "news article" on the right side.

However, to say it is "Site News" really stretches the boundaries of what constitutes news.

Put it wherever you want but call it what it is.

• Reply 6 of 10
    Price cuts and promos indicate slowing sales. The era of increasing computer sales is over. Good thing Jobs foresaw this and introduced the iPad.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by currentinterest View Post

The era of increasing computer sales is over. Good thing Jobs foresaw this and introduced the iPad.

Which certainly isn't a computer¡

• Reply 8 of 10
    isaidsoisaidso Posts: 750member

Wow. 48 hours with nothing to report as actual Apple news. They say "no news is good news" but this company really needs to let fly some really spectacular news; and soon. Especially with that thing in Las Vegas coming up.  C'mon, Apple!

• Reply 9 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by currentinterest View Post

Price cuts and promos indicate slowing sales. The era of increasing computer sales is over. Good thing Jobs foresaw this and introduced the iPad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by isaidso View Post

Wow. 48 hours with nothing to report as actual Apple news. They say "no news is good news" but this company really needs to let fly some really spectacular news; and soon. Especially with that thing in Las Vegas coming up.  C'mon, Apple!

Apple does this when a new model is imminent. Wishful thinking, I know, since predictions are for a summer refresh. But I'll wait 'til after Macworld to pull the trigger....

• Reply 10 of 10

Originally Posted by Motoman2WH3 View Post

Apple does this when a new model is imminent. Wishful thinking, I know, since predictions are for a summer refresh. But I'll wait 'til after Macworld to pull the trigger....

Apple puts out no news, so any dearth is not of Apple's doing.

Apple does not attend MacWorld, so there is zero reason for you to be waiting until it.

There are no products that are due for an update or are capable of receiving one right now, nor will there be for months.