iTunes Problem: Can't edit Tags

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I click on a song name, artist, or album and I can't edit anything! I clicket the Get Info and it seems the text fields are all incapable of editing any of the informatioN! What is this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:

<strong>I click on a song name, artist, or album and I can't edit anything! I clicket the Get Info and it seems the text fields are all incapable of editing any of the informatioN! What is this?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Have you converted the MP3 tags to the latest version? Control click on them in the library window and you will find the option. If not, perhaps the files are, for some reason, locked?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    It looks like every folder withing my iTunes Music Library is read only. My permissions have to be screwed up because I set my entire Home folder to read and write. Any ideas how to fix it?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    get yourself <a href="http://macchampion.com/arbysoft/"; target="_blank">BatChmod</a>, anf fix your permissions. freeware !
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Thanks, Jack and Defiant.

It seems that my permissions will only be corrected if I individually fix every artst folder. I have over 300 folders!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ahem... you checked the small box which says "Enclosed files and folders: Apply ownership and privileges" ?

• Reply 6 of 7
    Yeah. Do I have to close the window and open a new finder window to see the changes? Somehow it's fixed now, even though permissions were different when I used "Get info..."

Weird stuff.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    yes, you would have to open a new finder window or wait a little bit to see the changes.