Editting Keynote Themes

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Has anyone figured out how to change the 'frames' under which you can place photos in Keynote?

I am figuring out how to change the background to my favorite hunk of soiled leather (scanned from a 1763 document).

I have figured out how to edit the master slides and save a personalized theme.

When I get to a slide with a photo cutout on it, however, there are no provisions for editting the masking layer. The background you can change goes behind the masking frame.

When I examine the info for the plain white master slide with one horizontal image cutout, it gives me the filename of White_photo-h.tif under the little ruler (third tab from the left)

The trick is, where is this item (saved as a tiff with, I suspect, an alpha channel. I would like to save a series for my old leather with different pictures. From what I can understand, the photos one places in Keynote behave as the background, which may limit you to only one image per slide.

Thanks for your help and yes, I know this will probably be shunted/punted to Genius Bar... Oops... now how did I get here?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    noseynosey Posts: 307member
    I found some manuals here:

<a href="http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=51960"; target="_blank">http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=51960</a>;

You have to select the masked layer (with the cutout), go to arrange/unlock and then paste your own in its place. From what I can see, it is a tiff, without a mask (in photoshop) and just an opening with the information inside deleted (no background in photoshop) and saved as a tiff (in their cases)

I still have no idea where they reside, but they may just be saved as part of the theme.

Copy it in photoshop, paste it into Keynote (on your slide) and adjust the layering. Lock it if you wish using the same arrange/lock when it is selected.

I am going to play with this some more.

[Bad link. I fixed it. - Brad]

[ 01-12-2003: Message edited by: Brad ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 3
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    this should be software. (Yeah, I know.. none of my business)
  • Reply 3 of 3
    noseynosey Posts: 307member
    But originally it was a plaintive cry for help, so I thought I should put it in Genius Bar.

Now, if I could move it, since I answered my own question, I would, but I have to wait for some kind Moderator to take pity on sleepless newbians to move it (sigh...)