Disgusted by Tim Cook and AAPL's performance

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Of late I've come to the sad conclusion that Tim Cook is utterly incompetent without Steve Jobs' vision and paint by number directives. Been holding AAPL since it was $119 and re-upped at $514 so save the troll comments. The ugly truth is Tim Cook seriously screwed up!

1) The uncharacteristic smorgasbord product launch in Sept

2) The Maps fiasco

3) The Forestall food fight

4) Massive product constraints

5) Broken supply chain

No Spotify, no Waze, no_?

6) Openheimer changing AAPL's guidance MO at the worst possible juncture.

It has become apparent to me that with Steve gone and Cook at the helm APPL is a broken company. As an investor I regret it took so long for me to figure this out. 

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12

Okay. Bye.

• Reply 2 of 12
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Okay. Bye.

Boy are you predictable!

• Reply 3 of 12

Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

Boy are you predictable!

What do you want us to say? This is your position. There are a couple hundred posts just in the last 24 hours that refute it, and several thousand more since Steve died that do the same. It's your choice whether to pay attention to them and do further research to see which side is right. You've chosen not to do that, so go ahead and dump whatever stock you have based on your assumptions (I guess 'conclusions' might work, too) about the company.

• Reply 4 of 12
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

Of late I've come to the sad conclusion that Tim Cook is utterly incompetent without Steve Jobs' vision and paint by number directives. ...

I don't think he's incompetent, but I do sometimes believe in the Peter Principle when people are promoted from within.

In other words, I think he was excellent in his former position, and that rather than make him CEO, Apple perhaps could've pushed up a younger person... someone with the energy and excitement that Cook doesn't seem to evoke in people... someone who could be the face of Apple for many years to come.

Still and all, I think we need to give him a little more time, to see if he has anything up his sleeve.

• Reply 5 of 12

It's generally fitting to say nothing if you have nothing to say... Refute what you like, Tim Cook is responsible for the rapid fire mis-execution of the points originally outlined. His performance had resulted in a deterioration the company's reputation, product cycles, and stock price. I love Apple and I hope it's woes are temporary. But if Cook can't turn this around let's face it before we have a Steve Balmer on our hands.

• Reply 6 of 12

It's generally fitting to say nothing if you have nothing to say... Refute what you like, Tim Cook is responsible for the rapid fire mis-execution of the points originally outlined. His performance had resulted in a deterioration the company's reputation, product cycles, and stock price.

The same thing happened under Steve Jobs' watch multiple times. All the people complaining then? They're quiet now.

• Reply 7 of 12
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    mj web wrote: »
    But if Cook can't turn this around let's face it before we have a Steve Balmer on our hands.

Nah - you can't liken Tim to Squirter ! No way.
    Tim certainly isnt charismatic like Steve was, what other CEO could be ?. He comes across to me as a little "grey" in a managerial manner but he's believable and talks sense.

The Squirter - hell he's way out on left field. In a class all of his own - incomparable ! lol
  • Reply 8 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobM View Post

Nah - you can't liken Tim to Squirter ! No way.

Tim certainly isnt charismatic like Steve was, what other CEO could be ?. He comes across to me as a little "grey" in a managerial manner but he's believable and talks sense.

The Squirter - hell he's way out on left field. In a class all of his own - incomparable ! lol

LOL! Yeah, hope I'm wrong. 

• Reply 9 of 12
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    dude, sit tight ! Wait for the bounce - coz it will happen. Might not be as strong as before. Lotsa upside with APPL to come, just don't expect the mega multipliers that have been there. Strong steady growth is where Apple should be heading now. My 0.02c
  • Reply 10 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

I don't think he's incompetent, but I do sometimes believe in the Peter Principle when people are promoted from within.

In other words, I think he was excellent in his former position, and that rather than make him CEO, Apple perhaps could've pushed up a younger person... someone with the energy and excitement that Cook doesn't seem to evoke in people... someone who could be the face of Apple for many years to come.

Still and all, I think we need to give him a little more time, to see if he has anything up his sleeve.

Well with your 2nd paragraph you pin pointed the problem Tim Cook has and why he should not be Apple's CEO now : A CEO has to prepare long term strategy of a company, he has to bring his vision in reality, in the future, and lead his staff in the direction he wants. A CEO has to be a leader, he has to have charisma. Tim Cook just can't do that and this will damage Apple. Who will buy Apple products the price they are, if they become the same quality as other companies products ? No one sensible will.

He should retire.

• Reply 11 of 12
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by patbona View Post

Tim Cook just can't do that and this will damage Apple. He should retire.

Blah blah, whine whine, look: you're utterly wrong.

• Reply 12 of 12
    mikeb85mikeb85 Posts: 506member

Quote:

Of late I've come to the sad conclusion that Tim Cook is utterly incompetent without Steve Jobs' vision and paint by number directives. Been holding AAPL since it was $119 and re-upped at $514 so save the troll comments. The ugly truth is Tim Cook seriously screwed up!

1) The uncharacteristic smorgasbord product launch in Sept

2) The Maps fiasco

3) The Forestall food fight

4) Massive product constraints

5) Broken supply chain

No Spotify, no Waze, no_?

6) Openheimer changing AAPL's guidance MO at the worst possible juncture.

It has become apparent to me that with Steve gone and Cook at the helm APPL is a broken company. As an investor I regret it took so long for me to figure this out. 

Apple is not broken.  The products are still good.  

AAPL is underperforming, but if you were a serious investor you would have sold at 600+, and reinvested in something else.  Buy and hold forever only works if you don't care about reaping the profits yourself.  

No stock can climb forever....