Apple and Atari

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014

Apple should buy Atari and use that brand name to market a new Apple TV product designed for console gaming. It would essentially be an Apple TV with more storage memory with an App Store for downloading games. It could come with Bluetooth joysticks. The vast amount of games available on iOS could be easily made available for this platform that could easily steel market share from Microsoft's X-Box 360... Why not? They're (Microsoft) already going Apple with Surface!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5

Yeah, you don't remember the Pippin at all, do you?

Apple + Atari is not the best combination. There's zero reason for Apple to make a dedicated console, and tactile controllers don't seem to be their bag.

• Reply 2 of 5
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yeah, you don't remember the Pippin at all, do you?

Using the Pippin as an example of why Apple shouldn't do a console is like using the Newton to show why Apple shouldn't do a pda/tablet.

That said, Apple branding is so far superior to that of Atari that it would stupid to do use Atari on anything they do.  

• Reply 3 of 5
    Agree with nht (why was my comment deleted?)
  • Reply 4 of 5

Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I thought PeterAlt's was a reply to another thread, moved it there, turns out it was posted before that thread and so I moved it back into its own thread because that screwed up linking in a wider sense, but your post was lost in the original thread; sorry!

• Reply 5 of 5
    tonton wrote: »

I thought PeterAlt's was a reply to another thread, moved it there, turns out it was posted before that thread and so I moved it back into its own thread because that screwed up linking in a wider sense, but your post was lost in the original thread; sorry!
    Not a big deal, thanks for the explanation... I was just wondering if my tone seemed too belligerent, and glad that nht put it more nicely than I had.