Boot Camp-assistant problem with Windows partition (Mountain Lion)

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014

Hi I have a problem with the Windows partition I made through Boot Camp-assistant. I have described my problem in details on  this site: 

http://mac-how2.blogspot.dk/2013/02/bootcamp-windows-partition-problem.html

I hope someone can help me. 

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    What are you using for your boot drive? The guide you used to make the USB drive noted issues with certain drives:

[VIDEO]

Try making another Windows 8 drive from another device, possibly a spare external hard drive.
  • Reply 2 of 6

Hi Marvin

I am using a Kingston DataTraveler 8GB Flashdrive. I have seen this video and already tried with different flashdrives I even tried with a optical drive - Windows 7 DVD install-disk - that did not work either.

Although earlier some time ago I have installed Windows 7 using a optical drive on my Mac. But that time I think I had Lion or Snowleopard installed on my Mac.

Maybe its a bug with the new OS - Mountain Lion ?

• Reply 3 of 6

Hi Marvin

I am using a Kingston DataTraveler 8GB Flashdrive. I have seen this video and already tried with different flashdrives I even tried with a optical drive - Windows 7 DVD install-disk - that did not work either.

Although earlier some time ago I have installed Windows 7 using a optical drive on my Mac. But that time I think I had Lion or Snowleopard installed on my Mac.

• Reply 4 of 6

I tried to install Windows 8 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit on a seperat partition on My MacBook Pro 2011 15" using Boot Camp-assistant on Mountain Lion. 

I got some errors like when rebooting and trying to enter the install-disk it says: "No bootable device ..."

I have already tried solutions with different flashdrives it did not work for me. I also tried with a optical drive - Windows 7 DVD install-disk - which also did not work for me. 

It has worked for me before some time ago but that time I had Lion or SnowLeorpard on my Mac. 

I don't know if there is a bug or something like that in the new OS - Mountain Lion?

• Reply 5 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator

Other people have installed bootcamp ok with ML. Given that different installers won't work, try the suggestions here:

http://superuser.com/questions/374372/how-do-i-make-my-boot-camp-partition-bootable-again

Firstly try deleting your Bootcamp partition and recreating it.
  • Reply 6 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Other people have installed bootcamp ok with ML. Given that different installers won't work, try the suggestions here:

http://superuser.com/questions/374372/how-do-i-make-my-boot-camp-partition-bootable-again

Firstly try deleting your Bootcamp partition and recreating it.

Thanks for your answer Marvin

I've tried the suggestion you posted but unfortunately it didn't work for me. Although I may have found the solution to my problem.

Because none of the solutions that I have tried worked for me I ended up recovering the whole Mac OS but even that didn't solve the problem. 

Then I saw this post which may solve the problem:

The problem is that you have to use a certain DVD-drive(dual layer) to install/boot Windows and since my MacBook Pro's internal DVD-drive does not work I have used an external DVD-drive which is much likely causing the problem. Therefore the only solution (in my case) is to use a proper DVD-drive.