software updater

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hello

i'm new to this forum. and new to OS X (like a lot of people i suppose) i have a Ti 1 Gig and a 1.25 DP as my desktop. (i travel a lot) i was wondering if anyone had an inkling as to why i can surf the net on my laptop via airport, (the DP is connected to the Net via DSL), can use norton's live update but i can't seem to use apple's software updater on my Ti powerbook? what am i missing?

M

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    its not u, or ur computer. it was a problem with apple's update server. several people had noticed this problem. i think it worx now.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by thuh Freak:

<strong>its not u, or ur computer. it was a problem with apple's update server. several people had noticed this problem. i think it worx now.</strong><hr></blockquote>

thanks, but no it still doesn't work.

M
  • Reply 3 of 4
    xaqtlyxaqtly Posts: 450member
    More details please. You said you surf the net with the TiBook via airport but you didn't say how. Airport base station? Or are you using the DP 1.25 as a software router? Do you have a hardware router anywhere in there? Did you configure your DSL modem to block any ports? Does Software Update work on the DP 1.25?

To me it sounds like you're experience a routing configuration issue but I can't be sure without knowing more about your setup.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    thanks for the reply. i'm using my 1.25 as a software router. there is no hardware router in there and i haven't configured my DSL modem to block any ports. actually, i'm able to surf the net and use norton's liveupdate, which if i understand correctly also ties ito an ftp server. it's only software updater that doesn't work. (i connected the DSL cable directly into the Ti (it's a 1 gz ) and the updater worked. i updated to 10.2.3. i tried the updater via wireless again and no go. maybe it's an issue with the updater? that unless it has a direct connection to the network it won't work?

M