Do you find the iPad Mini is more portable than the iPad 4?

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014

Do you think the iPad Mini is more portable than the iPad 4? Are you more likely to bring an iPad Mini or an iPad 4 if you are going out? There was a long debate about seven months ago how Apple would be making a "7 inch" tablet (yes, it's actually 7.9 inch) and whether it'll more portable than the existing bigger iPad.

So ladies, do you find the iPad Mini to be more portable than the iPad 4?

So gents, do you find the iPad Mini to be more portable than the iPad 4?

If you have an iPad 4 and an iPad Mini, which one are you more likely to bring with you if you go out? If you go to a friend's place? If you go to dinner? If you go to work? If you go to the park? If you go shopping? If you go grocery shopping? etc...

port·a·ble  

/?pôrt?b?l/

Adjective

Able to be easily carried or moved.

Noun

A version of something that can be easily carried.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member

Of course the mini is more portable - it's smaller.

I think you might want to ask which do people value more - portability or screen size.

Horses for courses.

Me - I value the screen size. Others will lend more value to portability. Others might make a decision based on price. The great thing is - they can both do the same job.

my 0.02c

cheers

• Reply 2 of 5

Originally Posted by RobM View Post

Of course the mini is more portable - it's smaller.

I challenge this.

• Reply 3 of 5
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member

Accepted.

• Reply 4 of 5
    No doubts it is. When I travel for work I trade my iPad for daughter's mini. It's perfect for the airplane, especially when you also carry a laptop with you.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member

The iPad 4 is more portable than the iPad Mini.

Not as portable as front-loading washing machine, but still very easy to carry.

The Mini is too easy to accidentally slip into your waistband and lose it in your underwear. On the flip side, the screen is over 80% as wide and tall as the iPad 4. Not retina, but not bad!

Screen size matters to me, but weight matters more. The iPad 5 may make the decision tougher in the fall.