Apple TV, Smart Covers, AirPorts & other Apple accessories come to Staples

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Staples on Tuesday updated its website to advertise that accessories for Apple products ? including the Magic Mouse, Time Capsule and EarPods ? are now available for purchase through the retailer.

Staples

An executive with the company first announced earlier this month that the office supply retail chain would begin carrying Apple products. While Staples does not carry any of Apple's primary products, such as iPhones, iPads or Macs, it does offer Apple's most popular first-party accessories.

The products now available at the Staples website are divided into four categories: accessories for iPads, iPhones, Macs and iPods. Also included is the Apple TV set-top box.

The pricing at Staples matches what Apple already charges for its accessories: Smart Covers start at $39, Thunderbolt Cables at $29, and a Lightning to USB cable is $19.

Staples' website now notes that the company is an official Apple Authorized Reseller. But unlike Best Buy, which has mini Apple Stores that sell all products including Macs, or Target, which sells iPads, iPhones and iPods, Staples does not carry Apple's high-end products.

"At Staples, we stock the Apple accessories you need for your iPad, iPod, iPhone and Mac," the website reads. "Whether you need a replacement charger or peripheral, you can find them here."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2

Why is Apple the only company to not destroy their image with ™®© and all that crap next to every product name?

They've never done it on their website or any of their advertising, and that got into me so strongly when I was young that everyone else just seems wrong when I see it. I see Apple as the norm (at the very least, the aspiration) and get disappointed when I see that Microsoft™ has a new poster for Windows™ or whatever.

• Reply 2 of 2
    Why is Apple the only company to not destroy their image with ™®© and all that crap next to every product name?

MS has taken note of that, and introduced Microsoft Signature (TM - sorry 'bout that). They now show just the product, like so for the Surface Pro:

They have the greatest accessories too, like the $99 sleeve:

And the $79.99 handcuffs:

And, oh, better be quick, for the Limited Edition Surface Touch Cover --- only $ 129.99:

All without ™®© - simply because the competition already did that for them. Wait...

(Geez, now from Oct 2010 this: Samsung X430 headed for Microsoft Stores with a crapware-free copy of Windows)