T-Mobile, Straight Talk, etc.

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

I haven't had a chance to read all the articles on this yet but I've got a few questions about the iPhone on these "new" providers:

1. I saw something about the phone being specially made for T-Mobile. Does this mean that it won't be compatible with other providers?

2. Since Walmart now officially sells the iPhone on Straight Talk, does that mean it has visual voicemail (and any other features that were previously lacking with Straight Talk, if any)?

3. I've never had T-Mobile or known anyone that has. Are sites like cellreception.com fairly accurate when ranking providers by city? Anyone have any experience with T-Mobile in the Milwaukee area?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by BrianCPA View Post

1. I saw something about the phone being specially made for T-Mobile. Does this mean that it won't be compatible with other providers?

It isn't specifically made for T-Mobile. It should work with anything else GSM, too.

2. Since Walmart now officially sells the iPhone on Straight Talk, does that mean it has visual voicemail (and any other features that were previously lacking with Straight Talk, if any)?

Not to my knowledge. "Officially selling" doesn't really mean much when the company in question is just piggybacking someone else's network.