Apple seeds first beta of OS X 10.8.4 to developers

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Apple on Monday began seeding the OS X 10.8.4 beta to developers, though not much is known about the new maintenance update as little information was offered in the release notes.

OS X 10.8.4

According to people familiar with the release notes, build number 12E27 doesn't show any changes in the areas on which developers should focus, suggesting the software contains bug fixes and small enhancements at this time.

Like the final OS X 10.8.3 betas, the first 10.8.4 seed asks testers to look at Wi-Fi, Graphics Drivers and Safari, while the seed comes with no known issues.

Interestingly, Apple said it is not offering the build as a software update through the Mac App Store, as it did with the 10.8.3 builds. This may change with future seeds, but the company didn't elaborate further.

The new seed come a over two weeks after Apple released OS X 10.8.3 to the public with Safari 6.0.3 and enhanced iTunes integration. Along with the new feature set, 10.8.3 brought bug fixes and wider support for Windows 8 in Boot Camp.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I feel as if nothing is happening in Cupertino these days.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriscaskey View Post

We are used to having an event by April every year since the iPad. Less than 3 months left until WWDC and I feel if nothing happening this month then we will not see an event until WWDC Keynote.

• Reply 3 of 7
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    New Mac Pro support built in?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    I don't have a system running 10.8.3. What version of OpenGL is it running? OpenGL 3.3? What Shading language level, etc.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chriscaskey View Post

That's a good state to be in. It's a sign that Apple is buttoning up more info which will frustrate the competition.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    jlanddjlandd Posts: 873member

Please, please get in the fix for Logic UI stalling and updating behind, which broke under 10.8.1 or 2.  An update for Logic is out of the question with this still broken.  (This is an OS bug, not Logic).

• Reply 7 of 7
    Something needs done with Safari. I love it, but it's quite a resource hog, still. It seems to have gotten a little worse with 10.8.3 (Safari 6.0.3).