wireless connectivity with mac's and pc's

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My old roommates are wondering what wireless product to get. The one with the dsl connection has a mac. The ones who want access to it have pc's. What are their choices? I thought Linksys would be the choice, but all their products (from what I can tell) require a pc as the primary access.

I guess if neccessary they can make one of the pc's as the primary access point and have the mac wirelessly connect. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Most Linksys routers (wired or wireless) use web based administration, so it really shouldn't matter either they use the Mac or the PC.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I just got a linksys wireless 4 port router and it works great, You admin the thing through your webbrowser. If you live in the states and you have DSL you just go through and pick PPPOE in the thing and put in your account name and password and it assigns everyone an address via DHCP. You can get particular and put specific WEP keys or MAC addresses, but I like the thought of having an open network and just firewalling everything. Watch out tho block the port that kazaa runs on cuz that PC person will probably download stuff and kill your internet connection heh. Hope that helps.