OS9 and OS X on the same partition

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I want to install OS 9 and OS X the same way it was preinstalled on my 933Mhz Powermac on a new 120gig WD hard drive, (I'm replacing my hard drive).

How exactly do I accomplish this, is it on the same partition?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    when u get the new drive make sure to reformat it as hfs+. and dont forget to install os9 drivers.

i would think that it was on one partition, but i aint sure about it. i dont think macs usually come with more than 1 partition.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Same partition, OS 9 first. And as he said, make sure you install the drivers.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    coolmaccoolmac Posts: 259member
    Thanks, when you say install the OS 9 drivers, after I install OS 9 from the disk that came with my Powermac, is there a seperate file of the drivers that are on the installation disk,or do I have to get the drivers from Apples site.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    No, in the Disk Utility screen where you would set up partitions (in the installer you can get it by going to Installer menu-Disk Utility) there is the option for this. The window has options to set to hfs+, and bellow it is a check box for Install OS 9 drivers.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    coolmaccoolmac Posts: 259member
    So let me get this straight before I begin, I installed the bare new hard drve, now I turn on the Powermac and insert the OS 9 disk, format it, install the OS 9 drivers, when OS 9 is finished installing I just continue with the OS X disk.

Thanks in advance!