Printing Problems, Please Help

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok here's the situation. I just bought an Epson Stylus 820. It prints fine from my 2 PCs but not my Mac.

I have it connected to my Win 2000 PC through USB and have it shared allowed "Everyone" full priviledges to print.

Mac OS X 10.2.3 can see it, iPhoto sees it, Photoshop sees it etc. When I go into any of these applications and print something (anything, pictures, just text, whatever), I get the following message printed out instead of the right output:

SYSTEM

-----------------------

%%[Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: @]%%

%%[Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored]%%

It looks like a postscript error. I have all the drivers installed on the PC and the Mac but the Mac just won't print right.

I've checked Apple's site and Google and I can't find anything.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Have you tried printing to it directly from the Mac? Tried sharing it from the other PC?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    [quote]Originally posted by Tulkas:

<strong>Have you tried printing to it directly from the Mac? Tried sharing it from the other PC?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have the Printer shared and the 2 PCs can print to it over the network when its connected to the Windows 2000 server.

Because of the setup of the room, there is no way that I can hook the printer up directly to the Mac. I have AppleTalk installed on the Win2k box and my Mac "sees" the printer through AppleTalk. Is there some other way to make the Mac see the Printer?

What is Directory Services? Can I set it up through that?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Its gonna be real hard to print stuff other than word documents through to that printer off of windows 2000 server since that printer isn't a postscript printer. You might try hooking up an external rip to it I don't know if that particular brand does, but those help out a lot especially printing photoshop and pdfs over a network, where images and other things are involved. I had the same problem at my old job. Our IT person was 'windozed' experienced but we were an all mac agency, boy did HR screw up big time, He totally jacked up our entire network. Basically make sure you windows 2000 server has appletalk loaded in its network tab, if you are going to print through appletalk. In OS X you can also try connecting through to your windows network through samba I hear, just load the Samba client I think its called something different on windows, Just search SAMBA on google, That may help. Your best bet if you could do it is to plug the printer into your mac and put on file and print sharing in the sharing tab then all the windows machines could print to it just find. Thats your ideal setup, hope I could be some help.