A Guide to Smart Apple Acquisitions

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Many people want the newest iPhone when it first comes to the market but miss out because they are already enrolled in a contract.  Half of these people make the mistake of rushing to upgrade their phones to the newer model when their contract expires without any knowledge of Apple’s past and future release dates.  Apple aims to release their products annually around the same time, but the past couple of years, Apple brought out three phones within two years, counting the re-release of newer versions of the products.  Some loyal consumers don’t agree with a few of the tactics Apple implements.

A few options that are available when the dilemma of upgrading or purchasing phones in the future, specifically for Apple products, arrives as follows: Option one would be to wait for the release of their newest iPhone.  Apple has talked about switching their phones exterior to a cheaper, less expensive plastic casing, which could be available in various colors.  By changing the design of the product, Apple is able to drop the price of an unlocked iPhone 5, and allowing it to be free of contracts when purchasing. The phone will be made of a lower-quality casing but with the same processor and structure.  This newly designed iPhone will be available for purchase without needing to buy that pricey contract, making it a few hundred dollars cheaper.

Option two, if you’re thinking about a change soon would be to wait online and get the midway phone, like that of the “4s”.  The 4s was the induction to Siri, the so called “intelligent personal assistant and knowledge navigator “who really wasn’t a daily functional app people used like it was intended to.  Mike Triano, a senior at the University of Tampa was irritated and stated, “A few weeks after I bought my iPhone 4s, I completely regretted buying the phone hearing that the 5 would be out soon…The product itself was so focused around Siri; she’s so useless I put her in Chinese.”  These phones seem like the test subject for their well-defined numbered phones, i.e. iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and iPhone 5. The "5s" may be something special, but would likely end nearing the same results and feedback as the 4s.

Option three is to wait for the iPhone 6.  The six won’t be available till next year, but it may be worth the wait if you’re currently in contract with over six months left.  It will give Apple time develop and implement a more high quality product, while possibly testing the water of it on the next model.  You wouldn’t want to make the mistake of purchasing an iPhone later this year if the iPhone 6 will be coming out not much later.  If change is needed to be made, then purchase the iPhone 5 now and wait until the 6 comes out. Depending on the contract, this may be a viable option for one to do, but only if the exchange is quick surface.

Apple is really being pressed with their strategies and how they are moving forward due to their newest major competitor, Samsung.  Samsung’s Galaxy phones have been crushing the other competitors along with Apple in their market.  Samsung is talking about releasing their next generation of their Galaxy this June.  Mac rumors stated that Apple has countered and said they may possibly release their newest and cheaper phones to the market sooner than expected.

If Apple were to release their phone this much earlier, it will be able to compete better with Samsung, but may betray some of their loyal customers who’ve just made transitions between products.  This can stir up frustration, but as long as their consumers stay on top of the timeline of Apple Inc. products, both sides should have no problem.

As a current owner of the 4s, I’m satisfied with the speed at which the phone accelerates, and the “Battery Doctor” app that’s available on the market makes the phone feel brand as if it’s fresh out of the box.  After research of timelines, Apple’s tactics and their recent progress, I’m personally going to wait till the 6 comes out, unless there’s an astounding feature that compels me. The possible “5s” probably won’t be worth it seeing Siri, but we all have that need to be using the new greatest object.

Researching their prior releases, their future projects and projected release dates to make your own decision is well recommended, so do so accordingly so you make the correct product choice.  Don’t make the mistake and regret the phone you purchase when you could have made a smarter move and came out on top.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Testing stuff out for your blog?

Originally Posted by sHankMoody View Post

…the past couple of years, Apple brought out three phones within two years…

iPhone 4: June 2010.

iPhone 4S: October 2011 (so that's already over 1 year).

iPhone 5: September 2012.

So that's 1 every year, since it evens out. It's absolutely no different than any of their other releases.

Some loyal consumers[who?][citation needed] don’t agree with a few of the tactics Apple implements.

I thought you'd go on to list them, but you don't. What "tactics"?

Apple has talked about switching their phones exterior to a cheaper, less expensive plastic casing, which could be available in various colors.

No, Apple has absolutely not talked about this in any capacity.

The phone will be made of a lower-quality casing but with the same processor and structure.  This newly designed iPhone will be available for purchase without needing to buy that pricey contract, making it a few hundred dollars cheaper.

You say 'will' as though it's fact.

…who really wasn’t a daily functional app people used like it was intended to.[citation needed]

Uh…

Mike Triano, a senior at the University of Tampa was irritated and stated, “A few weeks after I bought my iPhone 4s, I completely regretted buying the phone hearing that the 5 would be out soon…The product itself was so focused around Siri; she’s so useless I put her in Chinese.”

1. If you don't do some actual work before you buy a product, you have zero right to complain that a new one came out days later. That is YOUR fault.

2. Enunciate. Tens of millions of people across a dozen languages have no trouble with Siri doing exactly what they want.

…iPhone 3…

There was no iPhone 3.

The "5s" may be something special, but would likely end nearing the same results and feedback as the 4s.

So "ludicrously successful due to the quality of both the hardware and software, as well as the speed surpassing all other phones and the features being innovative", then?

It will give Apple time develop and implement a more high quality product…

Oh, come off it. The 8th iPhone, if it follows the trend, gets a new case design. It's more of a testbed than the 5S will be.

You wouldn’t want to make the mistake of purchasing an iPhone later this year if the iPhone 6 will be coming out not much later.

Unless, you know, you WANT the iPhone that comes out this year and realize that waiting an entire year for a product when a brand new one JUST came out is pretty stupid.

Samsung’s Galaxy phones have been crushing the other competitors along with Apple in their market.

It should be a legal requirement that people put this either as the first sentence in anything they write or that it must be in bold, underlined, and red so we know to ignore it.

Mac rumors stated that Apple has countered and said they may possibly release their newest and cheaper phones to the market sooner than expected.

So people reporting other people lying about stuff about which they know nothing, you mean? Because Apple has said absolutely nothing whatsoever.

If Apple were to release their phone this much earlier, it will be able to compete better with Samsung…

The fact that every iPhone reclaims the top speed and power titles from every other phone at launch means there's no "better" """"competing"""" needed.

…as long as their consumers stay on top of the timeline of Apple Inc. products, both sides should have no problem.

There you go. That's right! Why did you chastise Apple earlier and not the guy you mentioned by name, since you acknowledge it's not Apple's "fault" for simply releasing products?

…Apple’s tactics…

Still don't know what these are. If you're talking about "releasing a phone every year", that's as much a tactic as "run fast and touch him" is a tactic in Tag.

The possible “5s” probably won’t be worth it seeing Siri…

The fastest, most powerful phone on the FACE OF THE PLANET "won't be worth it" because an earlier phone had a feature that YOU YOURSELF HAD TROUBLE WITH, ignoring the fact that the same phone improved ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT THE DEVICE?!

Researching their prior releases, their future projects and projected release dates to make your own decision is well recommended, so do so accordingly so you make the correct product choice.  Don’t make the mistake and regret the phone you purchase when you could have made a smarter move and came out on top.

Well, you somewhat saved it in the wrap-up. At least, you saved your summarized message, even if the content floundered.