iPhone 5 price increase

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

I have followed an online buying guide that predicts the price to increase for the iPhone 5?

I have heard the new lower cost iPhone is expected and that the iPhone 5 price might go down, what is the story.

I have my iPhone contract with ATT and they have a special for me to turn in my Iphone 4s for a new iPhone5  for a extension of my contract for 2 years, Is this a good deal? I plan to stay with ATT because I want to be able to use my iPhone in Europe

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by swifty6 View Post

I have followed an online buying guide that predicts the price to increase for the iPhone 5?

Have you?

I have heard the new lower cost iPhone is expected and that the iPhone 5 price might go down, what is the story.

We can't possibly know, but have no reason to believe that anything different will happen that didn't last year, in that the 7th iPhone will be $199 on contract, the iPhone 5 will be $99, and the iPhone 4S will be free, come the former's launch.

Is this a good deal?

Not right now, it's not. 

I plan to stay with ATT because I want to be able to use my iPhone in Europe

The Verizon iPhone is not only usable in Europe, it's actually unlocked in the first place.