New mophie juice pack plus boosts iPhone 5 power by 120%

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Apple's iPhone 5 is getting another battery-boosting accessory from mophie, as the company announced the availability of the juice pack plus, which boosts the battery life of Apple's newest handset by 120 percent.

plus

The new juice pack plus battery case is mophie's third for the iPhone 5. Its 2100mAh battery more than doubles the battery life of Apple's smartphone, while its construction allows for greater protection. It features a dual-injected sleeve with a shockproof band and anti-scratch guides to buffer the impact of falls.

With the juice pack plus, the iPhone 5 gets up to 10 hours of additional talk time and Internet on 3G or up to 12 hours of internet use on Wi-Fi. Video playback is lengthened by 12 hours, and the case enables up to 50 hours of additional audio playback.

The juice pack plus joins the juice pack air and the juice pack helium among mophie's offerings for iPhone 5 owners.

The new juice pack plus is available in black, white, and in a (PRODUCT) RED version for $120 on mophie's site. The RED version will ship on May 31, while the white version ships on May 22. The black model ships in 1-2 days.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    lilgto64lilgto64 Posts: 1,147member
    hmmm - iPhone 5 (or perhaps what comes next) is on my list of upcoming purchases - and while I am interested in this case - it does not appear that it would work as an iPod in car with just the one cable connected as I do now with my iPhone 4S - plug in 30pin to in-car USB and charge and play and control form the steering wheel.

But if the micro-USB does not sync I am guessing it also does not provide docking functions to other devices either. I could plug in an audio cable as well but that is less than elegant. Not sure why they can't do a lightning cable - is it a cost issue or a licensing issue? they have the lighting plug inside for connection to the device.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    tekgeek1tekgeek1 Posts: 1member
    Psyched for this! I'm on my phone ALL the time; mostly data usage so a boost is a must!
    Looking forward to checking into this more once it's on the market and being used.
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Jenny
    www.MacStadium.com
  • Reply 3 of 9
    lerxtlerxt Posts: 186member
    I have chinese a 2100 mAh iPhone 5 Morphie style battery pack and it cost me the equivalent of $20 in Hong Kong.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    lerxt wrote: »
    I have chinese a 2100 mAh iPhone 5 Morphie style battery pack and it cost me the equivalent of $20 in Hong Kong.

I've seen so many inexpensive batteries with a great rating that die after only a couple charges that I no longer trust crazily inexpensive batteries that are for sale. I hope yours is quality but I think the odds are against it.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    lerxtlerxt Posts: 186member
    It's been going well for 6 months. You are just used to paying too much for what is a pretty simple device. $120? For a battery, adapter and case?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    This late into the product cycle I'm say this is a potential indicator that the next flagship iPhone isn't changing much case wise.

Whether other models join the current iPhone remains to be seen.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    curtis hannahcurtis hannah Posts: 1,833member
    This brings up a wonder (from me) if there are cases that extend memory on the storage?
  • Reply 8 of 9

The absolute deal break from my perspective is the lack of lightning connector.

This means that I have to remove the phone from the case at the office to dock the phone on my speakers, in the car to sync the phone with my stereo, and at home to plug the phone into my home theater's dock.

Why, oh why, can't mophie just use a lightning connector at the bottom?

• Reply 9 of 9
    doe924doe924 Posts: 14member
    Those things are built so poorly. They won't have a lightning port because that'll raise manufacturing costs. Because $120 isn't enough hahaha