Apple announces lineup, launches website for iTunes Festival in London

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple on Wednesday announced some of the acts slated to perform at the annual iTunes Festival in London, with Justin Timberlake, Thirty Seconds to Mars and Jack Johnson headlining the concert series scheduled for September.

iTunes Festival

The 2013 iTunes Festival features over 60 artists who will play live at the Roundhouse in London, each taking a turn on stage as the series runs every night in September.

As per usual, performances will be streamed live to iOS users via a dedicated app, while iTunes and Apple TV owners get to watch gigs in high definition. On-demand replays will be available and customers can purchase and download performances through the iTunes Store.

?This year?s iTunes Festival is the best ever with an incredible lineup of global superstars and stellar emerging artists,? said Eddy Cue, Apple?s senior vice president of Internet Software and Services in a prepared statement. ?Music fans around the world are going to love watching this incredible month of music, whether in London at the Roundhouse or on their iOS device.?

Tickets can't be purchased and will be doled out through contests via local media partners in the US, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, Japan and Mexico. For those in the UK, tickets can be won through the iTunes Festival app, the iTunes Store, or in contests held by Channel 4, Global Radio and Metro.

Apple previously streamed live concerts with 2012's iTunes Festival and another featuring Sir Paul McCartney last February.

For the latest news on performances and scheduling, Apple has reactivated the same @itunesfestival Twitter account as last year.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    But where's my Mac Pro???!
  • Reply 2 of 8
    dsddsd Posts: 186member

Big Deal. It will be nothing compared to Zunestock.

• Reply 3 of 8
    timbittimbit Posts: 331member
    This is a neat idea. Maybe I'll check it out when it starts
  • Reply 4 of 8
    john_l_ukjohn_l_uk Posts: 59member
    @ dsd
    Yeah right, sounds great! Or was this irony?
    http://www.zunescene.mobi/forums/index.php?topic=46687.0;wap2
  • Reply 5 of 8
    jakebjakeb Posts: 562member

AKA the AppleTV live-streaming test.

• Reply 6 of 8
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member

I've never managed to get tickets (they're free) but I'll apply again this year.

• Reply 7 of 8
    I taped last years concert on a ReVox A77 tape deck.A great way to get a copy of a one of a kind performance.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    am8449am8449 Posts: 392member
    I downloaded the app last year and watched a few of the performances. The production value was quite amazing: great resolution video, spectacular lighting, and talented artists.

This was where I first saw Miguel, before he blew up. So if you want to hear up-and-coming artists, the iTunes Festival is a great place for that.