'iOS 7 lock screen' images attempt but fail to convince

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
A series of pictures claiming to show the iPhone lock screen for Apple's anticipated iOS 7 were sent out on Tuesday, though their authenticity is highly suspect.

Lockscreen

The tipster who provided the images to AppleInsider claimed they are from an "earlier build of iOS 7 beta," and suggested the look may have changed "slightly" since then. They are shown running on an iPhone 5 with a Lightning cable attached.

The images show Apple's iconic "slide to unlock" user interface element replaced with a circular button that looks akin to the current iOS slider volume control slider. To the right of that space is an icon that cannot be clearly seen, but in iOS 6 it is the quick camera access button.

A final image shows a lock screen with passcode enabled, featuring circles where the four digits would display once entered. In an un-Apple design choice, users are prompted in all capital letters to "ENTER PASSCODE."

AppleInsider has no reason to believe these images are an accurate representation of iOS 7, and has published them on its backpage for entertainment and discussion purposes only. The real iOS 7 is expected to be unveiled in less than a week, at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote next Monday.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

When Apple has put so much time and effort into creating and protecting slide to unlock as designed, why would they ever change it? 

I think 'attempt' in the title might be too strong. image

• Reply 2 of 5
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

When Apple has put so much time and effort into creating and protecting slide to unlock as designed, why would they ever change it? 

I think 'attempt' in the title might be too strong. image

They were also careful not to specify how the graphics look. So they could make a change like this And so long as the gesture is pre set and defined in location and direction by graphics or graphics and words they still fit within the more specific patent they got in the EU etc. 

But I still don't think these are legit. They look like one of the mockups passing around various forums created by one of the members. 

• Reply 3 of 5

That lock screen would be disappointing to say the least. Make it look nicer and without taking up so much space on the phone. 

• Reply 4 of 5
    If that's authentic, then Jony Ive is off his rocker.

I doubt that Apple would use such an atrocious typeface, and the 4 passcode discs look like portals on the side of ship. The slide to unlock button with the dot in the middle looks like a cat walking away. Ick.

Moreover, the "look-I'm-a picture-on-a-smartphone-screen" superglow doesn't look natural - as if they didn't bother creating the images and putting them on an iPhone and then photograph, but just took blurry pictures and then grafted them on in Photoshop.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    If people are gonna bother making fictional mockups, why not at least not make them look like shit? That is so visually offensive, it's not even funny.