Apple to stream WWDC 2013 keynote to Apple TV, official website

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
An "Apple Events" channel was quietly added to users' Apple TV main screens on Monday, along with a link on Apple's official website, revealing the company plans to allow members of the public to view a live stream of today's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote.

Events

The temporary channel and a link on the main page of Apple's website both indicate that today's event, which will begin at 1 p.m. Eastern, 10 a.m. Pacific, will be available to stream online.

The highlight of today's WWDC 2013 keynote is expected to be iOS 7, Apple's next-generation mobile operating system for the iPhone and iPad. The company is also planning to show off OS X 10.9, the next major release for its Mac operating system.

Also likely on tap for today are new Macs, with a refresh of Apple's MacBook Air lineup the most likely candidate. The new notebooks are expected to receive Intel's latest-generation Haswell processors, as well as new dual microphones that will aid in voice recognition.

The Apple TV Events channel previously appeared in October of last year ahead of Apple's iPad mini event. In addition to the Apple TV, the keynote presentation was also viewable on Mac and iOS devices.

Apple TV

The WWDC 2013 keynote presentation will begin live at 1 p.m. Eastern, 10 a.m. Pacific from Moscone West in San Francisco, Calif. AppleInsider will have full, live coverage of the event.

Follow AppleInsider: You can follow AppleInsider and all of this week's news out of WWDC 2013 via RSS, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or via the official AppleInsider iPhone app.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 85
    cutykamucutykamu Posts: 229member
    I hope they give us live streaming even if only on the Apple TV.
    Actually that will be much better.
  • Reply 2 of 85
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Hey what about my iPad?
  • Reply 3 of 85
    macapfelmacapfel Posts: 575member
    It is going to by awesome.
  • Reply 4 of 85
    Cool
  • Reply 5 of 85
    japmjapm Posts: 36member

I hope there'll be a Safari version.

• Reply 6 of 85
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Cool indeed. I used to wait for the 1080 podcast to pop up on my iTunes, but this year I want to see it live. Time to power up the little black guy, ever since I put a mini under my TV I haven't used the AppleTV much.
  • Reply 7 of 85
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    wizard69 wrote: »
    Hey what about my iPad?

I wonder if the entire Apple TV interface might not become a single app for both iOS and OS X in the near future ... why not?
  • Reply 8 of 85
    Haha. Everybody without Apple TV, buy one. Haha
  • Reply 9 of 85
    I have 2nd and 3rd gen atv's, my 2nd gen jail broken with seas0n pass and running atv flash from firecore; good stuff
  • Reply 10 of 85
    indiekidukindiekiduk Posts: 381member

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I wonder if the entire Apple TV interface might not become a single app for both iOS and OS X in the near future ... why not?

haha Front Row bombed man

• Reply 11 of 85
    esaruohoesaruoho Posts: 61member

Uhh, how do I watch this on Safari then? or will that snappy iOS WWDC app allow me to see it live? :)

Obviously I'm hammering http://apple.com/apple-events/june-2013  constantly

• Reply 12 of 85
    isteelersisteelers Posts: 738member
    btracy713 wrote: »
    I have 2nd and 3rd gen atv's, my 2nd gen jail broken with seas0n pass and running atv flash from firecore; good stuff

I have that same setup and it does make the ATV a versatile little setup. I wish they could have done the same with the third gen ATV. I haven't tried the new Plex media server hack on the ATV3 but may give it a go soon.
  • Reply 13 of 85
    mac-daddymac-daddy Posts: 151member

I'm totally bummed I won't be able to watch it. Don't any of you people work? 

• Reply 14 of 85
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
  • Reply 15 of 85
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Gotta run out and buy some popcorn.

This is gonna be a nice show.

OS X
    iOS

Hardware

And free iPads for all.

Just kidding on the last one.
  • Reply 16 of 85
    Oh wow I can't waiting so excited new something the view by WWDC 2013 on Apple TV whoa yay!!
  • Reply 17 of 85
    esaruohoesaruoho Posts: 61member

Quote:

Originally Posted by esaruoho View Post

Obviously I'm hammering http://apple.com/apple-events/june-2013  constantly

that url is now online and clickable.. it's also listed on http://www.apple.com/apple-events/

• Reply 18 of 85
    markbritonmarkbriton Posts: 123member
    6pm in the UK. Just tying to work out how I can sneak out of work early without my boss noticing :)
  • Reply 19 of 85
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

That's a nice surprise. And presumably they are doing it because there are some significant announcements...

• Reply 20 of 85
    dick applebaumdick applebaum Posts: 12,527member
    Gotta run out and buy some popcorn.

This is gonna be a nice show.

OS X
    iOS

Hardware

And free iPads for all.

Just kidding on the last one.
    Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Reading yer sig, I just had to post that yer right!

Edit: 'Yer' can also be used in compound words... My late wife, Lucy, from Pittsburg, used say to me: "YerRIGnerRUNT".