Lost video on SD card. What recovery software?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

A relative recently deleted video of her kids by accident held on an SD card from camcorder. Having done a search for suitable software to recover the video from the card all I have been able to find are pieces of adware/spyware/dunnoware with no solid reviews on reliability or safety.

Can anyone reccommend a piece of software (preferably free or inexpensive) that will recover the video data from the card? Thanks in advance image

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    Im sorry to report that the moments are likely to consigned to biomolecular memory only.
    Recall is instant, err until you get older.
    cheers, r
  • Reply 2 of 5

First thing to do is stop using the card, otherwise you risk over writing the data.

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

It is a free Windows program. It's made by the same people that make CCleaner, ie no spyware/malware.

• Reply 3 of 5
    My best friend use one named Mac iPhone Data Recovery, according to his feedback to us, it seems a cool recovery, make your choice.
  • Reply 4 of 5

Recently i have gone through the same problem but successfully got back all lost videos from my SD card with the help of Remo Recover software. 

• Reply 5 of 5

I am also searching same apps, but couldn't find. Thanks to all for sharing it.