'Jobs' movie poster shows Kutcher as technicolor vision of Apple founder

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Two weeks after the theatrical trailer debuted for the Steve Jobs biopic starring Ashton Kutcher, the promotional poster for the movie has also been released, showing the former 70's show star rendered as a colorful version of the Apple co-founder.

acidjobskutch

With tag lines encouraging viewers to "Turn on your mind," the "Jobs" promo poster shows Kutcher as the iPod-era version of the late Apple CEO, and the color palette isn't too far from what one might have expected from an iPod commercial for that period. Above the credit information for the film, another tag line reads "Some see what's possible, others change what's possible."

That promotional copy seems to catch the essence of Kutcher's portrayal of Jobs, as Kutcher's promotional work and the trailer for the film center on Jobs as a driven tech visionary with a nearly messianic bent. Steve Wozniak, who founded the company with Jobs in the late 70s, has described the footage released to date as "so far from anything that really happened" that Jobs would have been "offended and embarrassed" by the portrayal.

Josh Gad takes on the role of Wozniak in the film. Speaking at this year's Macworld conference, Gad and Kutcher said the film had been done in a spirit of love, admiration, and respect.

Kutcher's Jobs will take to screens around the United States on August 16, though the film was originally set to open in theaters this past April. The film is one of two Jobs biopics slated to come out in the near future. "The Social Network" scribe Aaron Sorkin is also working on a Jobs movie, though a release date for that film is as yet unknown.

acidjobs

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Of all the tech movies out there, this is one I don't want to see.

Tiddybit: the C word in Dutch is kut, and I don't like Cher. So, that's one thing, and the only one, I like about this crap.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Some people have been hating on this from the beginning (Ashton Kutcher, blah blah blah), but not me!

I think that this poster looks pretty good, it's definitely going to stand out. It has a sort of LSD vibe to it, and that's a good thing.

I also think that the most recent trailer looked pretty good, and I believe that this movie is going to do pretty good when it's released.

As for what Woz thinks about it, I really don't care about what Woz thinks. He has made so many strange and weird statements these past years, so I've long ago ignored what Woz has to say about any subject.

• Reply 3 of 18
    "Ashton Kutcher Jobs"? Whatever happened to "jOBS"?
  • Reply 4 of 18
    I dunno, maybe.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

"Ashton Kutcher Jobs"? Whatever happened to "jOBS"?

It's just "JOBS" now. It was changed from "jOBS" a while back. And that's a good thing, because I always though that "jOBS" was a dumb title.

• Reply 6 of 18
    From the trailer...it looks like Ashton k. has put a lot of effort into it...
  • Reply 7 of 18
    ajbdtc826ajbdtc826 Posts: 190member
    I gotta say that Kutcher resembles Jobs in a very surprising way. I just wish he was a better actor. But he did a decent job in The Guardian so hopefully ill be able to look past it and watch something worthwhile. This is all about a good script at this point.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    macvictamacvicta Posts: 346member
    Too early for me.
  • Reply 9 of 18

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacVicta View Post

Too early for me.

Concur. I'll wait for the Aaron Sorkin scripted one. Plus can't stand Kutcher

• Reply 10 of 18
    I think the colors on this poster resembles the old rainbow Apple logo.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    showing the former That 70's Show star.

Fixed it.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    As artistically colorful as the poster is, I think it's incorrect to refer to it as "Technicolor". In fact, I think the title to this article would likely offend the developers of the Technicolor process, who were trying to produce realistically vibrant images, not the sort of false-color, Warhol-esque effect used in the poster.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    moxommoxom Posts: 326member

Love the poster and trailer.

I hope Ashton did a good Jobs...

• Reply 14 of 18
    superbasssuperbass Posts: 688member
    Uh, "Technicolor" was a process of adding colour to films up until around 1955. Think Wizard of Oz. That poster has absolutely nothing to do with Technicolor.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    curtis hannahcurtis hannah Posts: 1,833member
    This movie has got my interest, with our local movie theatre changing names yesterday(not joking) this might be the next movie we see.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    francosfrancos Posts: 1member
    Both icon and style are dead for long. I suggest you to move on.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superbass View Post

Uh, "Technicolor" was a process of adding colour to films up until around 1955. Think Wizard of Oz. That poster has absolutely nothing to do with Technicolor.

Of course, you're being too literal.   "Technicolor" is often used to refer to multiple bright colors.

Think of the play, "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat".

Or someone saying, "Man, I dropped some acid last night and everything was in Technolor!"

Not to mention current news: "Wow, did you see the new Technicolor iPhone prototypes?!"

Okay, the last one was a stretch.  image