Path update brings comment stickers, Yelp for iOS adds in-app ordering

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Two popular iOS apps got updates on Tuesday, with Yelp gaining the ability to order food from within the app and Path users getting a new iPad interface and sticker capability within comments.

iMacs

Path gets comment stickers, new iPad interface

Tuesday's Path update brings the social network app to version 3.1. The new iPad interface was designed with an emphasis on improved navigation in both landscape and profile views. The update also adds the ability to place stickers within the comments section of posts.

In addition to stickers and the iPad interface, the Path update adds the Friend Progress Bar, allowing users to better track friends' stories. Users can also send friend requests to people they're currently hanging out with by way of a scannable QR code.

Version 3.1 of Path is available as a free download in the iTunes App Store. The 26.5MB download requires an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad running iOS 5.0 or later.

Yelp gets in-app ordering

Yelp added a sizable new feature on Tuesday, giving users the ability to order meals from within the app. Users can now go to the Order Pickup or Delivery button for their favorite restaurants to place an order directly from within the Yelp app.

The new feature is offered through Eat24 and Delivery.com, and it is currently available only for selected locations. Yelp plans to roll the option out to include thousands of restaurants across the United States in the near future, though.

Version 6.9.1 of Yelp for iOS is available as a free download in the App Store. The 22MB download requires an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 5.0 or later.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    yensid98yensid98 Posts: 311member
    I'm not sure why these updates are mentioned on Apple Insider, but I'm real glad to know of the Path update. It's easily my favorite social network. This update is a big improvement for iPad users. My friends will be real happy to include stickers in comments too.