iPhone to iPhone FaceTime

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
When I got my iPhone 5 I gave my iPhone 4 to my nephews little boy, he's only six. I had downloaded a lot of games for him that I Wanted to leave on the iPhone 4 for him to use. I removed all of the apps and anything else that was not meant for him and gave him the iPhone4. He could still download games using my Apple ID and I would authorize by entering the password.

It may or may not have been a good idea to show him how to use FaceTime, as he doesn't seem to know that sometimes it's not appropriate to be calling me especially 6 or 7 times in a row. Something happened, I'm not sure what but the settings must of gotten changed and now we are unable to FaceTime each other. What happens is, when he calls me or vice versa it starts to make the connection… long enough to show our faces, but then it says "connection lost" then it immediately fails.

When I set up the iPhone 4 originally I seem to remember being offered the ability to have a new second email with the suffix "@me.com" so I set that up. So, he used the "[email protected]" and I used my iPhone 5 email "[email protected]" and everything worked very well for several weeks until recently. Something changed, as at that time he didn't know anything about Settings unless he was playing around with it accidentally. And even though I know about settings, that doesn't mean I use it correctly in all cases. I don't remember making a change to it but I just don't know for sure.

Since then my nephew wgho is quite proficient on all Mac equipment and I have both taken a crack at changing the settings the way we think they should be and I believe almost every other way they could be and we can't seem to find the right combination. If anyone has some thoughts on what might've happened here and more importantly how to make it work again I would sincerely appreciate it. Thank you very much.

Darryl

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    Sometimes you can get a conflict if the account being used for icloud, App Store and FaceTime are different.
    Check all three AND the passwords. Once you've got it working then you can add other accounts to FaceTime that you can be contacted with.
    It'll just be a setting, you're correct. Unfortunately you'll have to futz around to find where the conflict is.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thank you very much for your information. With this in mind, I will continue to futz and keep my fingers crossed.