I have 25 iBooks with batteries that suck

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have 25 iBooks for a Computer Lab in the library of my school. For the first four months of school, they worked well. The batteries lasted for 4 hours. They made it easily through 3 consecutive 85-minute blocks. Now, I'm lucky if I can get 90 minutes out of them. I have reset the power manager, charged them fully, then drained them per the recommendations of Apple Education Telephone Support. Their advice hasn't worked. After going through their procedures, I'm still getting roughly 90 to 120 minutes on the majority of them when they said I should get 4 to 5 hours. I need these laptops to work like they used to when we first put them into place. The classes using them are course electives...it's not optional, it's mandatory. They used to work for long periods of time on a single battery charge. These are iBook 600 16 MB video models purchased in July 2002. I'm screwed! Help!

[ 02-18-2003: Message edited by: DHagan4755 ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Call tech support, see what can be done.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    batteries seem to be a serious issue on newer apple products. i've heard the same complaints from the new ibooks, tibooks, and every gen of ipod. are all the batteries from the same distributor, or is this a software issue...?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    If they can't help you I'd call CDW or some other big distributor, or a local apple rep, and say you need 25 of them, they SHOULD cut you an awesome deal for them, I bet you could get all 25 for probably around 500-700 if you milked enough about students, and everything. Did the school purchase any kind of service plan? because I used to service those in dallas, and they would send them by the truckload literally and I'd fix them. Usually little things, like stuck powerkeys, but still.