Apple fixes minor issues with latest Final Cut Pro X update

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday rolled out an update for its pro-level video editing tool Final Cut Pro, including a few bug fixes and overall stability improvements.

FCP

With Tuesday's update, Final Cut Pro X now sits at version 10.0.9 and includes a fix for a feature Apple first introduced in the last 10.0.8 update from March.

According to the release notes, the latest FCP addresses an issue that would cause green artifacts to present themselves when using Sony XAVC media. The program supports the codec up to its maximum 4K resolution.

In addition, the latest update fixes "several issues" related to interlaced media and retimed segments that would cause content exports to fail. Finally, the usual stability improvements are bundled with the app.

For those who already have Final Cut Pro, the 1.64GB update can be downloaded via Software Update. New users can can purchased the app through the Mac App Store for $299.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    fbglimafbglima Posts: 1member
    134MB for me, not 1.64GB
  • Reply 2 of 10
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    For those who already have <em>Final Cut Pro</em>, the 1.64GB update can be downloaded via Software Update.

134MB for me, not 1.64GB
  • Reply 3 of 10
    coxnvoxcoxnvox Posts: 50member

Me too...where did the 1.64 GB come from?

• Reply 4 of 10
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member

Quote:

Originally Posted by coxnvox View Post

Me too...where did the 1.64 GB come from?

Probably the size of the original dmg to download.

• Reply 5 of 10
    11thindian11thindian Posts: 181member

The application pictured is Motion5. 

• Reply 6 of 10
    I saw that too. Picture is Motion not final cut x. Silly mistake.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    I imagine the BIG update will come this fall.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    11thindian11thindian Posts: 181member

Yeah.  This was housecleaning.  Depending on your hardware config, I'd heard of 10.0.8 being really buggy.

Since it'll have been a year since the last big feature update with 10.0.6 (in October) by the time it drops, I think we can expect some big things.

I'm thinking end of October.  Timed to coincide with the launch of Mavericks and the MacPro.

• Reply 9 of 10
    dick applebaumdick applebaum Posts: 12,527member
    11thindian wrote: »
    Yeah.  This was housecleaning.  Depending on your hardware config, I'd heard of 10.0.8 being really buggy.

Since it'll have been a year since the last big feature update with 10.0.6 (in October) by the time it drops, I think we can expect some big things.

I'm thinking end of October.  Timed to coincide with the launch of Mavericks and the MacPro.

I agree – It will probably be 10.1 release rather than an upgrade.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    vorsosvorsos Posts: 302member

I still have unfixed gripes, but they have been sent via Apple Feedback (again).

At least the various Share formats work with interlaced timelines again. All this time, I thought I'd messed something up from mucking about in the system codec folders.