Shadow moderating

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014

My posts are being edited without notice, PM, flags, or feedback. I don't see anything in the forum rules about shadow modding, which implies classic corruption.

What is being removed? Any mention of how Tallest Skil runs a wrecking ball through what would otherwise be standard forum conversation. This user starts petty arguments, obsesses over misinterpretations of other people's posts, and is always condescending to differing opinions, be they from other users or just strawmen.

This textbook sociopathy isn't even the worst part. It's all the projecting of those faults onto other people, evidenced by the quote replies that only amount to "No, YOU'RE the troll!"

We all see it, and some users even get a sick entertainment value from it. I could spend the better part of a day pulling quotes from just the last few months, but honestly, most of the time I can't even justify spending the energy to engage such a reckless enemy of civilized discourse.

My bottom line is this: When the worst offender has friends in high places, or the inmate is running the asylum, it's time to get the hell outta Dodge.

Thanks for reading, if you made it here before this disappears as well. Most of you were cool and I enjoyed our discussions.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    vorsos wrote: »
    My posts are being edited without notice, PM, flags, or feedback. I don't see anything in the forum rules about shadow modding, which implies classic corruption.

You had 1 post edited and 1 deleted in at least the last month. Posts are deleted if they are leading into an argument rather than discussing the topic at hand, insults are either edited out or the post deleted. You don't need to get a notice for it, you are aware you're doing it, you know you shouldn't and you can see the edits and deletions.
    What is being removed? Any mention of how Tallest Skil runs a wrecking ball through what would otherwise be standard forum conversation. This user starts petty arguments, obsesses over misinterpretations of other people's posts, and is always condescending to differing opinions, be they from other users or just strawmen.

That's what your ignore list is for. I know it's not perfect as you can see quotes but it'll help you avoid getting into discussions with members you don't like. People have a habit of not using it at all and just end up arguing about other members.
    My bottom line is this: When the worst offender has friends in high places, or the inmate is running the asylum, it's time to get the hell outta Dodge.

Everyone is held to the same rules. TS's posts get deleted/edited too.