Exclusive Deals: $799 MacBook Air, $1799 fully-loaded 13-inch MacBook Pro Retina

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
In its on-going quest to bring you the most affordable pricing on Apple's product offerings, AppleInsider is teaming this week with Apple power reseller B&H Photo to offer the lowest prices anywhere on an entry-level 11-inch MacBook Air and a fully-loaded current-generation 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display.

MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Exclusives!

Apple 11-inch MacBook Air MacBook Air (Mid-2012) for $799

First, B&H is offering AppleInsider readers Apple's mid-2012 11.6-inch MacBook Air with a 1.7GHz Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB of RAM, and a 64GB solid-state drive (MD223LL/A) for $799. That's $200 off Apple's original MSRP and $25 cheaper than the next lowest price we could find.

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro Retina for $1,799

The Apple Authorized Reseller is also offering AI readers Apple's top-of-the-line, current-generation 13.3" MacBook Pro with Retina display, 2.5GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core processor, 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L RAM, and 768GB Flash Storage (MD2132LL/A) for $1,799. That's $600 off Apple's original MSRP and the lowest prices we could find on this model by the same amount.

Both offers are limited to existing supply and are available at the advertised prices only when using the links in this article or the Apple Price Guides (a portion of which is below).

Addition Perks and Savings

In addition to the industry-leading pricing on these models, B&H also offers several additional incentives (most of which apply to all Macs they stock) on each order, including:
  • Absolutely no sales tax charged on all orders (except those shipped to New York)

• Free shipping on almost all Mac orders

• B&H ships globally, not just to the United States

• Exclusively discounted AppleCare 3-Year protection plans on all Macs (see Mac+AppleCare Price Guide). The following are prices and savings for the two models listed above when bundled with B&H's discounted AppleCare plans (You must manually add AppleCare coverage on B&H's product pages, then add the combined order to your cart to see these total prices):
    • 11-inch MacBook Air (MD223LL/A): $978.99 with AppleCare ($269.01 combine savings)
    • 13-inch MacBook Pro Retina (MD2132LL/A): $1,978.99 with AppleCare ($669.01 combined savings)
  • Free copy of Parallel's Desktop for Mac (for running Windows) and LoJack for Laptops (an $98 value). This offer is not available w/ the $799 MacBook Air, however.

+ B&H Photo only charges sales tax in NY, yielding hundreds in additional savings for most readers.
^ B&H Photo offers this exclusive pricing to AppleInsider Price Guide users.
* MacMall is offering AI readers 3% off their already reduced iMac, MacBook Pro & MacBook Air prices with coupon code APPLEINSIDER02
* MacMall also only charges sales tax in CA, IL, NY, TN, MN, GA, NC, and WI, yielding hundreds in additional savings for most readers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    Ai, this is seriously getting old.

Banners, OK.
    Links, OK.

Honestly, regularly, full articles? It's horrible.
  • Reply 2 of 25
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member

Banners, OK.
    Links, OK.

Then don't read it.
  • Reply 3 of 25

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

Banners, OK.

Links, OK.

Too many complainers sounding like chicks!

Oops! That was a complaint! :)

P.S. I appreciate this as I'm in the market for an MBA! :)

• Reply 4 of 25
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Banners, OK.

Links, OK.

Yeah, it's basically not an article but a free advertisement.  I think we could do without these types of articles.

• Reply 5 of 25
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    It's fine- you know what it's gonna be before you click on it. So stop your complaining and don't read it! A bunch of women on here...
  • Reply 6 of 25

The 13" rMBP isn't fully loaded without an i7 CPU...

• Reply 7 of 25
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member

When I click the link it says $1,849 not $1,799- (and this is not a chickly complaint as others have mentioned above).

• Reply 8 of 25
    nikiloknikilok Posts: 383member
    AI Comeon.... I started reading the first 3 lines, and i came down to write this..
    "Do not make articles too, about Advertising!".
  • Reply 9 of 25
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator

Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

When I click the link it says $1,849 not $1,799- (and this is not a chickly complaint as others have mentioned above).

Because you're clicking the links in the forums. These are very protected links, so they only work from our article pages and price guide pages. I will try and get this fixed going forward for the mirror of the article on forums.appleinsider.com but right now they only work off of pages under www.appleinsider.com. Restart your browser/clear any B&H cookies and try clicking from the article

K

• Reply 10 of 25

Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

:)

• Reply 11 of 25
    I would buy it right now if it was an i7 I don't need 768 GB of Flash storge, I need an i7
  • Reply 12 of 25
    Want a MacBook Air that's great but I hoped for something like apples cheapest laptop selection cheaper, and apples highest available laptop cheaper you know the MacBook Pro retina that is normally about $3000 with 15 inch 768 gb flash, 2.8 ghz i7, 16 gb ram on it for around $2500 would be lovely.
  • Reply 13 of 25
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    drblank wrote: »

Banners, OK.

Links, OK.

Yeah, it's basically not an article but a free advertisement.  I think we could do without these types of articles.

If Apple had special deals on, they'd be reported the same way:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/07/31/apple-now-offering-refurbished-apple-tv-for-75

That's not really news either, it's just promoting discounted items. Whatever discount is being mentioned, if customers save money, what's the harm in it? If you don't need any discounts, skip over the article.

This is the same for news articles not about Apple but about Blackberry or Samsung, people complain about them. When a news site doesn't have anything to report about Apple (think how few times they do anything newsworthy), it doesn't make sense to just post nothing at all day after day. No major news site does this because it'll kill their traffic. These things act as filler.
  • Reply 14 of 25
    No no no no no! $799 for mid 2012 doesn't match my math. Will pay additional $200 different for mid 2013 with Haswell processor, 128gb ssd vs 64, 9 hour batt vs 5, better graphic, etc, etc. A $699 will show a better sell and a $599 will definitely the best. If apple want to sweep clean the old inventory, be generous and the selling frenzy will begins and it's good to hard stamp the bigger market share and to hurt PC market share even more!
  • Reply 15 of 25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Then don't read it.

Complaining usually is more efficient than staying silent. I'm sure you don't throw your Mac away and buy a DELL anytime you have a bug, rather than file a bug report, right?

• Reply 16 of 25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

It's fine- you know what it's gonna be before you click on it. So stop your complaining and don't read it! A bunch of women on here...

Correct about "I know what it's gonna be". 

Wrong about "stop your complaining".

Also, you should probably think about your machistic cliches. What's wrong with your view of women? 

• Reply 17 of 25
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Complaining usually is more efficient than staying silent. I'm sure you don't throw your Mac away and buy a DELL anytime you have a bug, rather than file a bug report, right?

What's that got to do with anything? How is it a 'bug' to have a thread that is clearly labeled as an advertisement turn out to be an advertisement?
  • Reply 18 of 25
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

Quote:

Also, you should probably think about your machistic cliches. What's wrong with your view of women? 

Woman are awesome.  Love them.  But do you think men are clamoring to buy US Weekly?  Women love drama.  Not all of them- but as a general rule, you can count on it.

Drama is being created with the ridiculous complaints.  Hence- stop acting like a (stereotypical) woman.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

What's that got to do with anything? How is it a 'bug' to have a thread that is clearly labeled as an advertisement turn out to be an advertisement?

Nothing, of course.  But he is the great light knight.  Defender of all the helpless (and by helpless, I mean the opposite of helpful).

• Reply 19 of 25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Nothing, of course.  But he is the great light knight.  Defender of all the helpless (and by helpless, I mean the opposite of helpful).

Thanks. If they are helpless, they need help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

You seem to misunderstand me. It's not a bug. It's, like a bug, worthy of a complaint. So I complain. It's my right, and I use it. You find it ridiculous, you complain about it. It's your right, and you use it. I love you too.

• Reply 20 of 25
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member

Quote:

Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

Too many complainers sounding like chicks!

You mean they're going 'cheap cheap'?