Toast fails when using .bin files

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have finally gotten Toast, and I was under the impression that Toast could burn .bin and .cue disc images. I believe they are image files for Disc Juggler, a PC program. Toast recognizes the .bin file as a file type that Toast can use, but every time I drag the file onto Toast, the program fails. Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    Try putting Toast into Video CD mode and dragging the .bin file into the Toast window.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    a@rona@ron Posts: 201member
    Or possibly use missing media burner... just an idea though

A@ron
  • Reply 3 of 11
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    No, Toast does *not* support bin/cue. Nor does any other OS X app I know of.

There seems to be some X11 tool somewhere though.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    [quote] No, Toast does *not* support bin/cue. Nor does any other OS X app I know of. <hr></blockquote>

Not true, I do it all the time.. you're not using both (all) parts of the file together are you...bin & cue?

Just ignore the cue file, drag the bin into Toast when you have selected disc image and it should work. If not try reinstalling, I have had a similar problem with burning VCD's but a fresh installation should sort it out.

Hope that helps... I tried to include a pic... but don't know how...DoH!
  • Reply 5 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by Zarathustra:

<strong>

Not true, I do it all the time.. you're not using both (all) parts of the file together are you...bin & cue?

Just ignore the cue file, drag the bin into Toast when you have selected disc image and it should work. If not try reinstalling, I have had a similar problem with burning VCD's but a fresh installation should sort it out.

Hope that helps... I tried to include a pic... but don't know how...DoH!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Wow, I don't know what I did differently this time, but after reading your post, I tried it again, and what do you know, it worked. Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate the help. It is instances like this that make me so glad I went ahead and "switched". The community between Mac users is just amazing. The fact that I can get help by complete strangers online just boggles my mind. Again, thanks a lot.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by Zarathustra:

<strong>

Hope that helps... I tried to include a pic... but don't know how...DoH!</strong><hr></blockquote>

That might work for VCDs, but not for data CDs.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    123123 Posts: 278member
    [quote]Originally posted by Chucker:

<strong>

That might work for VCDs, but not for data CDs.</strong><hr></blockquote>

<a href="http://www.vcdgear.com/"; target="_blank">http://www.vcdgear.com/</a>;
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Chucker, I suggest you re-install Toast. You have a problem...

[quote] That might work for VCDs, but not for data CDs.<hr></blockquote>

What I get when I Toast a .bin file is a disc image a 1:1 copy, or as near as damn it of the original disc. It's like an ISO.

I don't use Toast for VCD's, I just noted that I had some trouble with VCD's initially - but then I was only testing the software. I do burn .bin files with Toast
  • Reply 9 of 11
    I'm talking about .bin files that require .cue files. Neither will DiskCopy mount such files, nor will Toast work with them.

That was at least the case in December 2002.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    [quote] I'm talking about .bin files that require .cue files. Neither will DiskCopy mount such files, nor will Toast work with them.

That was at least the case in December 2002. <hr></blockquote>

Are you using Toast 5.2? (I don't know when it was updated - or if bin files burned before). 'Cos we're talking about the same thing...and yes Toast does burn 'em. If you don't believe me read the guy who asked the question:

[quote] Wow, I don't know what I did differently this time, but after reading your post, I tried it again, and what do you know, it worked. <hr></blockquote>

Ignore the .cue file, drag the bin file into Toast ( whilst in disc image mode) and it will burn. If it's faulty/incomplete or just plain bad Toast will tell you before you burn. Good luck

[ 02-28-2003: Message edited by: Zarathustra ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 11
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    [quote]That might work for VCDs, but not for data CDs.<hr></blockquote>

i just burned a data CD in .bin format that was created on a PC and had a .cue file. it worked perfectly. it's a PC disk to boot.