Command Esc to force quit apps

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014

What is the consensus on force quitting all apps with the Command Esc window?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6

I'd guess it would be "Why?". Under what circumstances would you need to force quit everything running and not just a single hung application?

I always do it from the Dock, anyway.

• Reply 2 of 6

Our artists can't wait for the apps to quit at the end of the day so they just force them all. I thought this was a no-no.

• Reply 3 of 6
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by SqPeg View Post

Our artists can't wait for the apps to quit at the end of the day so they just force them all.

WOW. Isn't there a network security feature where you can turn that off for client computers? If nothing else, tell them to just stop being idiots. It's not "bad", per se, but it could lead to a loss of data.

Do you have them shut their computers down at the end of the day or just sleep them? And what are you running that takes so long to shut down? image Unless it's an in-house application that you can't talk about.

• Reply 4 of 6
    sqpegsqpeg Posts: 3member

The answer I get is "I've been doing it for years." Font Explorer Pro Client sometimes hangs, especially when they have a zillion fonts active.

• Reply 5 of 6

wow

• Reply 6 of 6
    omegaomega Posts: 427member

I have never seen the point in shutting down a puter when sleep works perfectly fine.