Refill Tanks -v- Code 1684

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014

I have a newly released canon MG5460, they are very thirsty where the ink is concerned and I went through two genuine canon sets of inks in a matter of weeks so I bought myself a CISS system, that would have been great if it had worked but the printers internal 'housing' stops the feeder tubes thus blocking the printer head tracking, so I went back to the place I purchased the CISS and they sent me new refillable tanks, bottles of inks and two sets of Micro-Chips as a replacement, I have just filled the new tanks, carefully placed the micro-chips, put them into my printer, all tanks lit up like a Christmas Tree so all's looking good eh! closed the lid, lights....  camera.... NO ACTION. I received a 1684 code and a message saying the following tanks are not recognized. Has anyone else come across this problem before and got around it? I used refillable tanks all the time in my Pixma MP630 and Canon gave you a virtual 'get out of jail' card by saying that by holding the 'Stop' button for more than 5 seconds would release the canon grip and you could print away as normal although by doing this you lose any recall to canon if there is a problem later down the track, and that's cool, at least you could print away merrily without paying canon's exorbitant ink cartridge prices , so my request now is... Does ANYONE know a way to break the 1684 Code on a MG5460 printer so that it will recognize aftermarket hardware? Any assistance is gladly accepted.

Cheers Guys

Ballab.