IOS 7 Complaints (on iphone)

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

I suppose it still works like an iPhone and therefore is still better than the competition but I wonder if anyone but me finds the following changes irritating, and wish there were a way to revert to some of the old displays?  (If so,how about we all email Apple about our gripes).  Here is my short list:

CALENDAR:  

1.  Lacks contrast.  The old calendar display was far easier to read.  Especially for those of us who wear glasses.  This current display of light gray over white is really hard to read by comparison.

2.  Color bars on left side of calendar item are too thin and therefore not as useful as the old color dots.

3.  It is more difficult to make adjustments/changes to the date/time of calendar events.  The old wheel was easy to spin.  Now we have to precisely touch one (very thin) spot with a finger (mine are not delicate and pointy) or the darn thing won't change. 

REMINDERS

1.  Lacks contrast.  The old Reminder List more sharply differentiated the break from one day to the next.

2.  The old system of swiping and selecting was easier to use and faster to navigate than the iOS 7 version.

ICONS

1.  The old icons (with the white edges and the appearance of depth) were much easier to see than these new, flat, boring icons that remind me of something MicroSoft would do.

Please feel free to add to the list.  But, if you agree, please also feel free to email Apple and request changes or the ability to revert to the old, better contrast, displays.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4

1.  White text on very bright green background (sent messages) is pretty difficult to read. 

2.  The color of green selected for outgoing text messages is super bright which is actually tiring to the eyes.

• Reply 2 of 4

You can email Apple to your hearts content, but I don't see that affecting how they decide to design their products/software.

(by the way... How's Penny?)

• Reply 3 of 4

Apple actually does keep track of everyones grips and bitches and reacts.  The challenge is getting people to actively email Apple instead of just whining to each other on a forum.  

Penny, by the way, is just fine.

• Reply 4 of 4
    Originally Posted by Sky King View Post

Apple actually does keep track of everyones grips and bitches and reacts.  The challenge is getting people to actively email Apple instead of just whining to each other on a forum.  

Thing is, they’ll keep track better of bug reports and feature requests than straight up e-mails.