Apple announces 2013 iOS 7 Tech Talks in New York, San Francisco, London, more

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday announced the lineup for the 2013 edition of the company's developer Tech Talks with a new dual-track structure.

Apple announces 2013 Tech Talks

Apple's Tech Talks, which are small developer-focused conferences at which iOS developers can get up to speed on new technologies available in the latest iOS version and speak directly to Apple engineers, will be held in San Francisco, New York, Tokyo, Shanghai, Berlin, and London this year.

The events are scheduled from October through December and feature a new dual track structure stretched across two days ? one day for app developers, and the second day for game developers. Previously, Tech Talks were single day, general purpose affairs.

Apple began the Tech Talk program in 2008 and, except for a brief hiatus in 2010, has made the conferences ? described by some as "miniature WWDCs" ? an annual tradition.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    I love the image they used. Stylish flat icons, plus a nice space background.
  • Reply 2 of 20
    Brilliant! As usual!
  • Reply 3 of 20
    And they're filming it:
    [quote]
    Can't make it to an event? We’ll be posting videos of the sessions shortly after the last event, so all Registered Apple Developers can take advantage of great iOS 7 Tech Talks content[/quote]
  • Reply 4 of 20
    blackbook wrote: »
    I love the image they used. Stylish flat icons, plus a nice space background.

Figured they'd use the Statue of Liberty for the NYC icon and not that crappy checkered pattern used on taxi cabs.
  • Reply 5 of 20
    These are significant events. While everyone is yapping about how iOS 7 looks they're missing all the goodies Apple added underneath.

Just wait until developers start taking advantage of these features to make even better Apps. Then we'll really see how big of a deal iOS 7 really is.
  • Reply 6 of 20
    So simple; yet so powerful.
    And believe me it is complicated to make thing simple yet functional.
    Wow. I took a screen shot of the lineup. Damn!
  • Reply 7 of 20

Hmm. Why the checkered band for New York? And why not Tokyo Tower for Tokyo? Too similar to using a tower in Shanghai, I guess. 

• Reply 8 of 20
    Love those icons
  • Reply 9 of 20
    promise7 wrote: »
    Love those icons

Agreed! Come on Ai, make ur iOS app icon "flat!" And "on mobile" give the option to go right to "comments" from the article instead of the opposite. Presently, I have to read the article, tap on comments, then, scroll through the article, (again), to post a comment? Sheez! :-)

Let me open and read the article, scroll to read comments, then, make my, "quote" or post.

And is it just me or is Ai still using the ios6 keyboard?
  • Reply 10 of 20
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Hmm. Why the checkered band for New York? And why not Tokyo Tower for Tokyo? Too similar to using a tower in Shanghai, I guess. 
    Jesus does everything have to be analyzed to the nth degree?? :rolleyes:
  • Reply 11 of 20
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Jesus does everything have to be analyzed to the nth degree?? image

Let's take a look at your response for a moment, shall we? ;)

• Reply 12 of 20
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Jesus does everything have to be analyzed to the nth degree?? image

I can’t place the association of a checker pattern with New York, and Tokyo is the only one not to get a physical representation of the city–rather the country’s flag.

They’re all gorgeous like nearly everything Apple makes, but it breaks theme for Tokyo (at least).

EDIT: TAXI CAB. I’m a moron. Car honked just now; that brought me back to it.

• Reply 13 of 20

Would love to see one in Canada some year. Toronto would be a good spot for a Tech Talk.

• Reply 14 of 20

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Because Sky Tree is where it's at in Tokyo these days.  Nearly 2x the height of Tokyo Tower.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Tree

But yeah, Tokyo Tower has a more classical look, despite having been destroyed by Godzilla at least once.

• Reply 15 of 20
    I can’t place the association of a checker pattern with New York, and Tokyo is the only one not to get a physical representation of the city–rather the country’s flag.

They’re all gorgeous like nearly everything Apple makes, but it breaks theme for Tokyo (at least).

EDIT: TAXI CAB. I’m a moron. Car honked just now; that brought me back to it.

Had you read my post (#5) you would've known it was for taxi cabs, and yes you are a moron, self awareness is the first step. :lol:
  • Reply 16 of 20
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Figured they'd use the Statue of Liberty for the NYC icon and not that crappy checkered pattern used on taxi cabs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Likewise why did they use a phonebooth to represent London, and not Big Ben :D 

• Reply 17 of 20
    Quote:

Originally Posted by promise7 View Post

Love those icons

Me too! I wish some of the new iOS icons were this simple and stylish.

• Reply 18 of 20
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Had you read my post

See, there’s your problem. You’d have to give me a reason to do that first.

• Reply 19 of 20
    See, there’s your problem. You’d have to give me a reason to do that first.

Well played sir. :lol:
  • Reply 20 of 20
    atashi wrote: »
    Would love to see one in Canada some year. Toronto would be a good spot for a Tech Talk.
    Some sad Blackberry developers might find a new goal in their lifes....