Apple posts video celebrating iTunes Festival 2013 'Moments'

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple on Friday posted a short video to its official YouTube channel, highlighting some of the most memorable moments of the iTunes Festival 2013 currently wrapping up in London.

Moments

With just three days left in Apple's 2013 iTunes Festival in London, the company has put up a short clip, titled "Moments," featuring snippets of standout acts thus far, including Elton john, Avicii and Lady Gaga.

Set to "Stormur" by Sigur Ros, who followed Lady Gaga as the festival's second act, the video shows both artists and concert goers who met at The Roundhouse in London over the past month. Apple's yearly musical celebration takes place throughout September, with one headliner playing daily after lesser known or up and coming opening acts.

By the end of the show, over 60 artists will have played at the venue, including 30 headlining performers like Justin Timberlake, Ellie Goulding, and Robin Thicke.

Apple has been streaming parts of the concert series and continues to serve up videos of performances for free through iTunes. As in past years, content can be accessed via the iOS app, a special Apple TV channel and the iTunes app for Mac and PC.

The festival continues on Saturday with John Legend, while Justin Timberlake is scheduled to perform on Sunday. Katy Perry will close out this year's festivities on Monday.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    iTunes Festival is a preview of Apple's future television infrastructure. Live and pre-recorded streaming to all iOS devices, and to any Mac or PC running iTunes. Just a matter of time before Apple gets the appropriate contracts signed, then they'll be able to officially launch their TV products and strategy.

I'd be surprised if Apple made any big moves on the TV industry before 4K TV sets and content become more mainstream. Apple will wait for Google and Samsung and others to make glaring mistakes with their first-gen products, then Apple will roll out a superior solution. Works every time.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    poksipoksi Posts: 482member

sadly, most of the performers don't have anything in common with words "music", "creativity" or "craftsmanship". Most of them don't even poses the voice span over single octave or even play a single musical instrument. Every moron can be "musician" like this...It's damn shame iTunes have to be promoted with crap like this.

• Reply 3 of 13
    Quote:

Originally Posted by poksi View Post

sadly, most of the performers don't have anything in common with words "music", "creativity" or "craftsmanship". Most of them don't even poses the voice span over single octave or even play a single musical instrument. Every moron can be "musician" like this...It's damn shame iTunes have to be promoted with crap like this.

^^^ 

seriously? The festival was loaded with very talented performers. 

How old are you? 90? you sound like some grumpy old man that will never like any singer other than Sinatra... get a clue do-do bird

BTW, I am but a few weeks from 50 years old, and have been performing music for 35 years.

What are your credentials to critique these wonderfully creative musicians? 

• Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueDogRandy View Post

^^^ 

seriously? The festival was loaded with very talented performers. 

How old are you? 90? you sound like some grumpy old man that will never like any singer other than Sinatra... get a clue do-do bird

BTW, I am but a few weeks from 50 years old, and have been performing music for 35 years.

What are your credentials to critique these wonderfully creative musicians? 

I'm 40. I should say perhaps "most of the mentioned performers", or "page one performers", not most of the performers. ...

If festival needs to be promoted with Lady Gaga, Timberlake, Avicii, Lamar and similar, then it's a darn shame. Again. These people may have a lot of talent, but not the musical one and mentioning credentials for expressing music taste and emotions makes you unaware of purpose and pleasure of the music although you may perform million years.

• Reply 5 of 13
    fracfrac Posts: 480member
    poksi wrote: »

Please...just go away and do us all a favour....

...and take your numbskull lame brain opinions with you.
    :no:
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Originally Posted by Frac View Post

Pleasejust go away and do us all a favour.... ...and take your numbskull lame brain opinions with you.

This one’s no less valid than anyone else’s on that subject, particularly with a fair bit of modern music.

• Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

Please...just go away and do us all a favour....

...and take your numbskull lame brain opinions with you.

You don't seem like person being worth making any kind of favor from anyone. But you are free to make your own opinion about the music as a member of audience, because music is made for audience and not for critics. This member of audience made his opinion about some "musicians" and not about others opinions accompanied with primitive insults without any arguments.

• Reply 8 of 13
    You don't seem like person being worth making any kind of favor from anyone. But you are free to make your own opinion about the music as a member of audience, because music is made for audience and not for critics. This member of audience made his opinion about some "musicians" and not about others opinions accompanied with primitive insults without any arguments.

That's a bit rich since your critique was sweeping and narrow in the extreme in terms of what constitutes music, talent, performance, appreciation and finally iTunes itself.
    If you don't like modern music, the performers, the venues and atmosphere or appreciate how much the iTunes Festival means to the UK music scene and the acts chosen...just say so, but damning the whole shebang without valid qualification is out of order.
    And what has age got to do with music? I'm sixty four, play the violin, piano, church organ and harp, sing in a choral society and have been to see acts every year ranging from the blissful Amy Winehouse to Andrea Bocelli at the iTunes Festival at all three venues since it started in 2007.
    The festival has repercussions well beyond the month of September since it neatly bookends the open-air nationwide music festival season here in the UK, is widely televised and leads to other high profile appearances on UK TV shows that sync their recording sessions to the iTunes festival. Good for the bands, good for their fans and good for iTunes in general.
    Lastly, 'moron' is hardly a term of endearment.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:

Originally Posted by poksi View Post

I'm 40. I should say perhaps "most of the mentioned performers", or "page one performers", not most of the performers. ...

If festival needs to be promoted with Lady Gaga, Timberlake, Avicii, Lamar and similar, then it's a darn shame. Again. These people may have a lot of talent, but not the musical one and mentioning credentials for expressing music taste and emotions makes you unaware of purpose and pleasure of the music although you may perform million years.

emphasis mine

sounds like your "purpose and pleasure" is about as narrow as it gets. All the performers you just mentioned are extremely talented individuals whose performances were over the top professional. Just because you dont like all genre of music depicted doesn't make it bad. 

But, YES- my music listening, studying, playing and enthusiasm for the art does give me more credentials than youi.

• Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:

That's a bit rich since your critique was sweeping and narrow in the extreme in terms of what constitutes music, talent, performance, appreciation and finally iTunes itself.

If you don't like modern music, the performers, the venues and atmosphere or appreciate how much the iTunes Festival means to the UK music scene and the acts chosen...just say so, but damning the whole shebang without valid qualification is out of order.

And what has age got to do with music? I'm sixty four, play the violin, piano, church organ and harp, sing in a choral society and have been to see acts every year ranging from the blissful Amy Winehouse to Andrea Bocelli at the iTunes Festival at all three venues since it started in 2007.

The festival has repercussions well beyond the month of September since it neatly bookends the open-air nationwide music festival season here in the UK, is widely televised and leads to other high profile appearances on UK TV shows that sync their recording sessions to the iTunes festival. Good for the bands, good for their fans and good for iTunes in general.

Lastly, 'moron' is hardly a term of endearment.

Read all the posts. I corrected my selection and named performers from first page. I really don't see any relevance of repeating that I really don't care about their multiple talents, because their "music" sucks. Music. To me. Didn't mention their dancing or other talents. Don't agree? Fine. I won't call you names for it and I don't care.

• Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

emphasis mine

sounds like your "purpose and pleasure" is about as narrow as it gets. All the performers you just mentioned are extremely talented individuals whose performances were over the top professional. Just because you dont like all genre of music depicted doesn't make it bad. 

But, YES- my music listening, studying, playing and enthusiasm for the art does give me more credentials than youi.

Quote:

emphasis mine

Give yourselves all the credentials you want. Enjoy it. I don't mind. I still think music I mentioned sucks. To me. It may be great for you, but not for me. Can you live with it? I might and I still define it in extremes, as you and other extremely polite commentator has defined me, but it still doesn't change my opinion about it and I would rather see on festival many other well known musicians not from the top of billboards. However, I understand and have written that festival obviously MUST be promoted with what is popular right now. And if I don't like most of what is popular and mainstream music right now, does't make me 90 years old grumpy man. Such definition is really example of narrowness. Wonder how would you define Steve's keynotes opening music selection. Narrow, without credentials and all other possible underestimating labels, too?

• Reply 12 of 13
    Read all the posts. I corrected my selection and named performers from first page. I really don't see any relevance of repeating that I really don't care about their multiple talents, because their "music" sucks. Music. To me. Didn't mention their dancing or other talents. Don't agree? Fine. I won't call you names for it and I don't care.

And I was responding to your 'moron' insinuation of your OP.
    Dissembling is not 'music' to my ears so perhaps you would like to enlighten us with your definition of music since you are so free with the sucks meme?
    Here's hoping for a little more comprehension than the merely diatonic scale definition.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:

And I was responding to your 'moron' insinuation of your OP.

Dissembling is not 'music' to my ears so perhaps you would like to enlighten us with your definition of music since you are so free with the sucks meme?

Here's hoping for a little more comprehension than the merely diatonic scale definition.

So, next time any commentator says Sams phone sucks because it's made from plastic, has terrible OS and it's stolen anyway, without any invention or innovation, we are all free to "respond" to that by insulting him without any arguments? Fabulous logic!

If you can't stand my opinion this is you problem, but consequently insulting another commentator on the forum makes you what? At least bad commentator.

You described yourself as professional, so you could find out yourself what kind of music I like and consider as a valuable contribution to  musical opus, if I listed performers which I don't like, couldn't you? Instead hoping for my detailed explanation of my definition of music, please, explain yourself, why do you think their music is great. Till now you have just spitted on my opinion. Show me yours, I'll show you mine.