Deals: Early Black Friday Sale serves up two Apple MacBook Airs under $800

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
AppleInsider sponsor MacMall is hosting an early Black Friday sale over the next couple of days that -- when reduced with this month's instant discount coupons -- offer two 11-inch MacBook Airs for less than $800.

MacBook Air

The mid-2012 models each sport a dual-core Intel Core i5 1.7GHz Ivy Bridge processor, 4GB of RAM, and a 11-inch display. A model with 64GB of solid-state storage is on sale for $749.99, while one with 128GB is discounted to $819.99. However, AppleInsider readers can use the links in this article and our Price Guides to activate a Promo Code field on MacMall's pages and then manually apply 3% discount code APPLEINSIDER02. This will drop the prices of those two models to $727.49 and $795.39, respectively:

Apple 11-inch MacBook Air (1.70GHz/4GB/64GB ) - $727.49
Apple 11-inch MacBookAir (1.70GHz/4GB/128GB) - $795.39

The same coupon also works for all MacBook Airs, MacBook Pros and iMacs listed in the Price Guides, and customers in most states save on sales tax as MacMall only tax to orders shipped to CA, IL, NY, TN, MN, GA, NC, and WI.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15

Good price but no way is it good enough to buy anything from MACMALL.  Absolutely THE Worst Apple Reseller on the planet.   If this were B&H or Amazon, its a great deal!

• Reply 2 of 15

Well I've got no experience with MacMall, but the no sales tax part sounds pretty nice.  I think Amazon charges it now.  Pretty sure everyone will eventually.

• Reply 3 of 15
    I'm sorry, is it somehow Nov. in another universe? Last I checked its Oct. 6. Calling something an "early Black Friday" sale at this point is insulting. Halloween is hardly on the radar yet. Come up with something original, not something that makes you sound developmentally challenged, MacMall.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    lucasjw wrote: »
    I'm sorry, is it somehow Nov. in another universe? Last I checked its Oct. 6. Calling something an "early Black Friday" sale at this point is insulting. Halloween is hardly on the radar yet. Come up with something original, not something that makes you sound developmentally challenged, MacMall.

i think the 'early black friday' is a typo. i believe it's actually an early day-after-christmas sale. you can see their confusion.
  • Reply 5 of 15

i've said it before...I think an 11" MBA will probably be my last "PC" purchase. Maybe along with a next gen Apple monitor, KB & MTP for home.

I hope to only have a 13" ipad for home use...an iPad Mini and a 5s for mobile/travel use. Along with a full-size AppleTV and a TimeCapsule.

This all the tech I want and I only want Apple tech.

• Reply 6 of 15
    juiljuil Posts: 75member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lucasjw View Post

Actually, Thanksgiving is next week in Canada! Nice to see an American retailer acknowledge our existence ;¬)

That said, black friday in Canada is still in november!! What gives MacMallAppleinsider?!?

• Reply 7 of 15
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macboy Pro View Post

Good price but no way is it good enough to buy anything from MACMALL.  Absolutely THE Worst Apple Reseller on the planet.   If this were B&H or Amazon, its a great deal!

What's your issue been with MacMall? I've bought from them twice (as I have from B&H), and I've had a good experience -- with the lowest prices (quite a bit less than even Apple's Education price) -- each time.

Amazon is one place that I do not shop from. Their website gives me a headache. Can't stand it.

• Reply 8 of 15
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Juil View Post

Actually, Thanksgiving is next week in Canada! Nice to see an American retailer acknowledge our existence ;¬)

That said, black friday in Canada is still in november!! What gives MacMallAppleinsider?!?

You meant that Canada exists?  Just joking.  Can you PLEASE take back Justin Bieber?  He's overstayed his welcome.

• Reply 9 of 15
    I'm sure they will have no problems selling these... but I think it's worth the extra money to buy the [I]current[/I] mid-2013 Macbook Air.

On battery life alone... the increase from 5 hours to 9 hours is huge. And on disk space... you get 128GB to start.

Plus faster graphics and all the other stuff.

I know people are swayed on price... but the 2013 Macbook Air is a beast. And worth every penny... in my opinion.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    A minor complaint perhaps, but... when you post a PR piece announcing a sale on two different [B][I]2012[/I] [/B] model [B]11"[/B] MacBook Airs, why are you showing a picture of the [B][I]current[/I][/B] larger [B]13"[/B] model?

That isn't the machine you get for $800.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post

I'm sure they will have no problems selling these... but I think it's worth the extra money to buy the current mid-2013 Macbook Air.

On battery life alone... the increase from 5 hours to 9 hours is huge. And on disk space... you get 128GB to start.

I know people are swayed on price... but the 2013 Macbook Air is a beast. And worth every penny... in my opinion.

Excellent reminder.  I'm not a laptop user, but when I saw the story, it didn't even cross my mind about Haswell being a really great upgrade.  I wonder if these prices on the older models will go lower since more people are more likely to opt for the newer models.

• Reply 12 of 15
    juiljuil Posts: 75member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by drblank View Post

You meant that Canada exists?  Just joking.  Can you PLEASE take back Justin Bieber?  He's overstayed his welcome.

Sorry man, I feel like I gave you an STD :¬(

(But I’ll kindly remind you that - although I feel your pain - I have to deal with it also)

• Reply 13 of 15
    The 2012 MacBook airs should be about $800 in my opion, drop to $900 when new ones announced and $800 in mext 3 months, then about next years release $600-700 and $200 per year till they don't run latest Mac OS, then they should be sold out or dumped.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post

I'm sure they will have no problems selling these... but I think it's worth the extra money to buy the current mid-2013 Macbook Air.

I agree completely. In fact I read this article hoping beyond hope that they were current gens... but really I knew better.

• Reply 15 of 15
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thetorrey View Post

Well I've got no experience with MacMall, but the no sales tax part sounds pretty nice.  I think Amazon charges it now.  Pretty sure everyone will eventually.

Without going into the details of sales tax laws, if they have offices, company owned warehouses, or any other brick and mortar presence in your state, sales tax will be added to your order regardless of what company. Not everyone knows that, so I mention it.