Do you prefer the current iPad design, or the mockup design for the next generation?

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014

Personally, I wish that Apple would keep the design for the iPad that they have now. If they go with the iPad mini design, I think it wouldn't look as much like the premium product that it is.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7

I don’t think it has anything to do with “premiumness”, as that’s foolish. The iPad mini certainly has the same production value as the large model. Thing is, smaller side bezels are idiotic. Where’s my thumb going to go?

“Well, they’ve built in contact ignoring into the screen so you don’t accidentally…”

THAT’S TERRIBLE. That’s not the point; the point is they’ve now destroyed functionality on the screen. Instead of leaving the best solution on the frigging market alone, they’ve now said “here’s a screen; you can’t touch all of it.” Insane.

• Reply 2 of 7

Well, it has everything to do with being a premium product. Apple is most known for making beautiful, PREMIUM products. The iPad mini does not fit that description. 

If Apple's products didn't look premium, they would look like a Samsung Galaxy. Just a hunk of plastic with a bunch of ugly sensors and buttons popping out. 

• Reply 3 of 7
    Originally Posted by skyarbrenden View Post

The iPad mini does not fit that description. 

Sure it doesn’t¡

If Apple's products didn't look premium, they would look like a Samsung Galaxy. Just a hunk of plastic with a bunch of ugly sensors and buttons popping out.

And, as the iPad mini looks neither like a “hunk of plastic” nor a Galaxy product, QED it’s a premium look.

• Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Sure it doesn’t¡

And, as the iPad mini looks neither like a “hunk of plastic” nor a Galaxy product, QED it’s a premium look.

Well, personally, the iPad looks much more like a premium product than the iPad mini. Just like the iPhone 5S. It's kept it's metal look and feel, while the 5C has been called a child's toy since day one my millions.

• Reply 5 of 7

the 5C has been called a childs toy since day one my millions.

Again, lies. You’re going to have to stop that to be taken seriously.

• Reply 6 of 7

Do you have an instagram or a twitter? There's jokes about it all over both. Thousands of pages of just jokes about it. I mean that's what a lot of people think about it. They think it looks like a toy, and a childish phone. Many people have the same opinion on iOS7. That's been all over twitter and instagram too. 

• Reply 7 of 7

Do you have an instagram or a twitter? There's jokes about it all over both. Thousands of pages of just jokes about it.

And this is somehow an objective and valid source of information, is it¡