Changing the LCD Backlight Dim Timer

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have an LCD iMac, and if I don't move my mouse or type for a while, the backlight dims. Great... I don't mind gaining a few extra hours out of my LCD screen. The problem began once I bought a scroll mouse. Apparently the scroll wheel doesn't register as activity, and it will dim in two minutes if the mouse isn't moved.

Of course, before, I needed to press the down or page down or move the mouse to scroll down a long text document or web page. But now, I can read for ten minutes without moving the mouse. Is there any way I can lengthen the time for the display dim? I've already checked energy savings and displays... it must not be user accessable unless I'm missing something.

Anyone know of a com.apple.... write thingy to do? Or a haxie? or a plist change? anything?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    The backlight dims in 1/2 the time the screen is set to go black...so i believe if you set the screen to never go black, it never dims. Works on my PowerBook.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Yeah... Thats what it is. It's strange the the scroll wheel doesn't measure as activity... Oh well.