Apple to open larger San Francisco Stonestown store, new Duesseldorf location on Dec. 14

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
On Dec. 14, a newly expanded San Francisco Apple Store in Stonestown will reopen to the public, while on the other side of the world, a new location will have its grand opening in Duesseldorf, Germany.

Stonestown

Apple on Tuesday announced through its retail outlet finder that the Stonestown Apple Store in San Francisco will reopen its doors this Saturday.

Construction of the new 7,690-square-foot space began in April and more than doubles the size of Stonestown's previous Apple Store, which was the smallest in the city. Apple's two other retail stores in San Francisco range in size from 9,000 to 15,000 square feet.

Customers anxious to get some holiday shopping done can visit the replacement store from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. local time, in line with Apple's extended holiday hours.

On the same day, Apple will be opening a new outlet in Duesseldorf, Germany, its thirteenth in the country. According to German language publication Macerkopf, the store is located in the Duesseldorf K?bogen mall, a new shopping center that already houses a number of luxury retailers.

The Duesseldorf Apple Store is set to open at 10 a.m. local time and the first 1,000 people through the door will receive a free commemorative T-shirt.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    We Germans say "Düsseldorf", not Dusseldorf. We also write Apple not as "Äpple" ;-)
  • Reply 2 of 8
    And my country opened a 2nd Store last Saturday in [URL=http://www.apple.com/nl/retail/haarlem/]Haarlem[/URL]:

[VIDEO]

Nothing special, really:

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/36016/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

Next year #3, in The Hague. For a country listed as #135 size wise (16,039 sq miles; the star of Texas is 16 times as large) with not even 17 million people that's a lot of Stores. While Belgium still doesn't have a Store...
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacHarry de View Post

We Germans say "Düsseldorf", not Dusseldorf. We also write Apple not as "Äpple" ;-)

Well, from a Cologne point of view, "Dussel"-Dorf might be the appropriate spelling :-) 

(sorry, could' resist 8-) )

• Reply 4 of 8
    Press the u for a couple of seconds, then select 2.

Cologne, Cologne, I do not recall having heard about it...

Now I remember, this town by the Rhein where they serve yellow coloured water and tell you it is beer.

Greeting from NRW Capital.

:D
  • Reply 5 of 8
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    For anyone who knows who is from Düsseldorf and knows which Godfathers of elctro music reside there, the employee uniforms should be black pants, red button down shirts and black ties.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by andersab View Post

Press the u for a couple of seconds, then select 2.

Cologne, Cologne, I do not recall having heard about it...

Now I remember, this town by the Rhein where they serve yellow coloured water and tell you it is beer.

Greeting from NRW Capital.

Touché. You're right, I forgot about the beer. That's (the) one thing which is better in DUS than in CGN. My favourite one is Schumacher.

Regards from Zons, right in the middle between, where you can have both kinds of beer. In the same pub. Really open minded people here! ;-)

• Reply 7 of 8
    undefined
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Does anyone know why there is no official Apple Store in Austria, especially in Vienna? THX