Apple updates online store, Apple Store app for Valentine's Day

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday rolled out a revamped Online Apple Store with flourishes of red and a new "Top Valentine's Gifts" section catering to shoppers looking to buy something special for their significant other this Feb. 14.

Valentines

Aside from a few minor graphical revisions and new promotional text for products like the iPad Air ("Love is in the Air"), Apple's online storefront remains largely unchanged from its usual appearance.

As with the Online Apple Store's special holiday redesign, Tuesday's Valentine's Day revamp also features a section where customers can plan out their purchases to ensure arrival by Feb. 14. For example, all iPhone orders must be placed by Feb. 5 to guarantee on-time arrival when using the free shipping option, while buyers planning to use next-day air can wait until Feb. 11. Similar deadlines are available for iPads, Macs, iPods and accessories.

In addition to the website tweaks, Apple pushed out an update to its Apple Store app for iOS, which also features a Top Valentine's Gifts section.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    In 2014, Apple still needs to take the store offline to change marketing material?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Are people really that generous on Valentine's Day or is this just wishful thinking by Apple? I've heard of giving flowers or chocolate but not an iPad.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    ascii wrote: »
    Are people really that generous on Valentine's Day or is this just wishful thinking by Apple? I've heard of giving flowers or chocolate but not an iPad.
    hmm...seems to me all they did was change the theme of the site for valentines day. :\
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Originally Posted by John.B View Post

…needs…

No.

• Reply 5 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    john.b wrote: »
    In 2014, Apple still needs to take the store offline to change marketing material?

Taking the store offline is marketing material. They like to surprise people. Sometimes the surprise isn't what you expect:

[VIDEO]

Apple goes through the same routine when a new product comes out but sometimes you just get socks.