Twitter updated with new reply & photo options, Voicemail + offers message transcription

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Microblogging service Twitter on Wednesday updated their official iOS app to give users new ways to reply to tweets and interact with photos on the service, while U.K. residents pining for a replacement Apple's Visual Voicemail have a new option in Voicemail +.

Twitter

Twitter

Twitter users can now reply directly to tweets with photos, and the company has also provided an easier mechanism to add mentions when tweeting an image. The update also brings improvements to the app's photo editing tools, specifically cropping and image rotation, and improvements to the photo viewer.

In addition, users using Twitter's login verification option are no longer required to use temporary passwords when logging in on their device. Twitter has also added new content recommendations in the stream's pull-to-refresh area.

Twitter version 6.1 is available now as a free, 19.1-megabyte download from the App Store.

Twitter

Voicemail +

Voicemail + is an app for U.K.-based iPhone owners whose carrier does not provide access to Apple's Visual Voicemail. Users redirect their voicemail to the service, which then pipes it to a native iOS interface.

The app features inline audio playback as well as speech-to-text message transcription, similar to functionality offered by Google Voice. The recordings can also be forwarded to an email address, and Voicemail + provides push notifications when new messages are received.

Voicemail + version 1.2.0 is available now as a free, 4.9-megabyte download from the U.K. App Store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11

Twitter sucks. EOM.

• Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Twitter sucks. EOM.

You're embarrassing yourself. 

• Reply 3 of 11
    jpmiajpmia Posts: 63member
    when did this become tweeterinsider?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    ... while U.K. residents pining for a replacement Apple's Visual Voicemail have a new option in Voicemail +.

how can they be pining for it if they never had it?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

Well, I have never had a Gulfstream IV, and yet I am pining for it.

• Reply 6 of 11
    marubeni wrote: »
    Well, I have never had a Gulfstream IV, and yet I am pining for it.

pining implies you once had something and now you don't ...
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

pining implies you once had something and now you don't ...

No, it doesn't: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pine

• Reply 8 of 11
    Voice mail available only in the UK. What about rest of the country. http://goo.gl/Sxrrqh
  • Reply 9 of 11
    marubeni wrote: »

which definition you going with?

the nostalgic one? implies you had something and now you don't. or experienced it and you miss it.

yearning? ditto.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    stuffestuffe Posts: 394member
    Quote:

Because we might have had it when there were no 2nd hand phones around, so every iPhone was essentially new and from an official carrier, but these days there is a huge gamut of older phones, and phones left over after upgrades etc that can be recommissioned cheaply using unofficial 'virtual' carriers who don't get access to all the Apple sanctioned nice bits like Visual Voicemail and Official Tethering etc.

I get unlimited internet and texts plus a large bundle of calls for £12, or approx $18 a month, no contract.  The downside is I don't get VV or Tethering.

• Reply 11 of 11
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

Some UK networks have Visual Voicemail, some don't, and it is relatively easy to move networks.  Customers may have moved from one that has VV to one that doesn't; for reasons of coverage or cost, presumably.