Wanted: MiniDV Camera Purchasing Advice

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Next week I'm going to purchase a MiniDV camcorder. My first choice is the Sony TRV30. It's a 1.5 megapixel video camera, and can also take hi-res stills.

Has anyone here used this camera? Any advice or a short review of actual use would be greatly appreciated.

Apple sells the TRV17 in the Apple Store which might be good enough, but I'd also like to use it to take stills. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

-----------------

RosettaStoned

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    jimdadjimdad Posts: 209member
    Sorry, i don't know a lot about them but i saw that nobody had answered your post. I bought a Canon MV450i a couple of months ago and am delighted with it. Partucularly good for me was the analogue in feature which has made transferring from VHS a breeze. Takes stills although I still prefer the digital camera. I always feel there is a premium to be paid for the name with Sony products although they are usually good.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    I just bought an RCA mini-DV camera at Fry's. It is a brand new model and had a special introductory price of $549. That was down from the regular $749. It is 1.3 megapixels and comes with a 16mb SD card for still photos. Also, it has a large 3.5" LCD that can be removed and used as a remote control (pretty nifty, eh?). Comes with an external light and zoom microphone too. Hard to beat for that price.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I have gotten to use a TRV30 that belonged to a friend for some video work I was doing. It really is a great camera.